Wiki Posts
Search

Inaugural flight to SEA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Inaugural flight to SEA

I am sitting in J right now on the first flight to Seattle. Was given an "I love Emirates" lapel pin on boarding.

Aircraft A6-EGH, a 777ER, although when booking it was supposed to be a 200LR.

Lots of Emirates nationals on the flight in J and F. I was greeted by the public relations manager of Emirates and he gave me his card, he was convinced that I was a writer for Gulf News. I probably should have played along and received enhanced personalized service!!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Was just informed the Sheikh Ahmed, Chairmen and CEO of The Emirates Group (including Emirates airlines) is on the flight.

Maybe I should bust into F and grill him on the upgrade emails and Gold benefits!!!!!!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I think you meant it operated 77LR aircraft and not 772ER. The entire 772ER doesn't have enough range. It was out of range. The entire 77LR does have enough more fuel. It would be on weight restrictions. Can be enough more fuel efficient and more capabilities.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
I think you meant it operated 77LR aircraft and not 772ER. The entire 772ER doesn't have enough range. It was out of range. 77LR does have enough more fuel. It would be on weight restrictions. Can be enough more fuel efficient and more capabiilities.
I meant a 777-300ER.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimike
I meant a 777-300ER.
Actually, EK has already swap the aircraft from 77W to 77L. They put on entire 77W to IAH. They want to swap the aircraft. Because the loads wasn't good enough for DXB-SEA. Later on, if EK will able to improved enough.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&Mores | Hilton HHonors
SEA has 3 days of 77W and then goes 77L.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:31 am

Xxxxx

Last edited by jiggyjig; Nov 25, 2012 at 7:45 pm
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I'm not on the Inaugrual, though I hope the approaches today put it flying within eyeshot of my window at work (ah the days in the cube when the BA arrival indicated it was quitting time!). I believe the Chairman Sheik will be up in Everett picking up the keys to a new 777 in the next few days.

Really would like to be out at the airport for the water cannon salute, but I'm stuck in the office.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&Mores | Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by jiggyjig
With any luck they can have the 77L off the 420/421 like you asked for.
Nope, its switching with Houston which needs more capacity after it was reduced to 1 daily from 2 daily.

420/421 is also going 77W, from the 25th March, with the 77L being used for SIN instead (The 4th daily flight that sits on the ground for 12 hours)
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
According to Flightstats, the flight is projected in about an hour early, ~12:18PST.

I have a great view of final approach into BFI from my office, but I'll have to go outside, turn around and look up about noon.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by DCA-SEA
According to Flightstats, the flight is projected in about an hour early, ~12:18PST.

I have a great view of final approach into BFI from my office, but I'll have to go outside, turn around and look up about noon.
the other end of the office has that view, which is good for when Air Force 1 visits. I look at Mt. Baker (on a clear day) and can sometimes catch SEA approaches.....hope it works out today.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by DCA-SEA

Wouldn't be surprised if this became a regular occurrence to arrive earlier than expected, as departing twenty minutes late and managing to arrive almost an hour early seems a bit odd on a regular day! I've flown directly over SEA from DXB on the way to LAX at 14 hours of flight time which of course is an hour earlier than the projected flight time of the flight. Hopefully it stays this way since it allows for more flexibility for connections in SEA!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

I have arrived at SEA.

Found out that 6 big "VIPs" were on board including Tim Clark.

The FO announced that the Washington Governor has named March 1st as "Emirates Day" in Washington.

The airplane and my windows got drenched by the water canons.

As I was heading through customs, I heard people referring to someone as "his excellency", guessing that is Sheikh Ahmed.

All in all a fun flight. For sure they chose the hottest FA's for this flight.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you guys taking a pictures during inauguration ceremony yet? I would loved to see it. Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Glad to see Emirates here. Now to get a seat in J or F ahhhhh waiting for the day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.