Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 First Class Seating

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:00 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by unicon
The EY layout is certainly more space efficient as it gets rid of one aisle and puts that space in the suites themselves. But they have a couple of drawbacks. A relatively minor one is that some of the seats are rear facing. But the bigger issue is that since the seats don't turn into bed, their recline is limited and hence are worse than EK seats for lounging. Also have heard that their bench bed is kind of firm.
So surely EY apartments are way more spacious but have some non-trivial drawbacks too.

Disclaimer: I haven't traveled in EY apartments myself.
I've flown EY Apartments and while the seat doesn't recline into a bed and is therefore more limited, it's plenty cozy.

Also, I don't find rear-facing seats to be an issue. In fact, I prefer them in general.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:05 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Called in and they gave me 3K on both segments. Much better!
Old May 13, 2017, 5:51 pm
THR

Originally Posted by helvetic
Called in and they gave me 3K on both segments. Much better!
Despite all seats except 4A and 4K being blocked, I called and they had no problems assigning 2A (she said I was pre-assigned 1A, but my itinerary did not show that).

My first Emirates F, albeit a short flight (Christchurch --> Sydney) in December. Exciting nonetheless (except for the crappy lounge).
Old May 19, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
So flying with DH in first class for our honeymoon (so excited!!! first time for us both). Anyways, which of the middle seats are best. Right now, all seats seem to be open but I want to get the best. I am torn between 2EF, 3EF.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by cdancer20
So flying with DH in first class for our honeymoon (so excited!!! first time for us both). Anyways, which of the middle seats are best. Right now, all seats seem to be open but I want to get the best. I am torn between 2EF, 3EF.
You're flying Independence Air? DH is their IATA code
Old May 19, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I'm sure she means she's flying with her husband...
Old May 19, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yes I meant "Dear Husband"
Old May 19, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Not much difference IMHO.
FCL EF seats are side by side on the plan, but you are not really close, as there is a separation wall with the mini-bar in between. You can lower the panel to see each other, but, you can't hold your hands for example. You'll have to walk round the aisles to be physically close. For this reason, 2EF are probably better, as you'll have less to walk ...
For honeymooners, I find SQ FCL much much better.
Anyway, all the best for newly weds !
Old May 20, 2017, 1:05 am

Yes I meant "Dear Husband"
learn something new every day
Old May 20, 2017, 1:10 am

I'd go row 2, row 1 then row 3 in that order.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
Not much difference IMHO.
FCL EF seats are side by side on the plan, but you are not really close, as there is a separation wall with the mini-bar in between. You can lower the panel to see each other, but, you can't hold your hands for example. You'll have to walk round the aisles to be physically close. For this reason, 2EF are probably better, as you'll have less to walk ...
For honeymooners, I find SQ FCL much much better.
Anyway, all the best for newly weds !
Thank you. I wish I could have found availability on SQ for our flight back but nothing for months :-( We ended up with 2EF. I just couldn't decide if I wanted someone behind us. I like being able to talk to him and share stuff so that was more important to me than losing window seats.

Originally Posted by m3red
I'd go row 2, row 1 then row 3 in that order.
Thanks. That makes me feel better. I had open access to whatever seat I wanted all night. I decided on row 2 with the option to change based on advice but now someone has nabbed rows 1 and 3.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Thank you. I wish I could have found availability on SQ for our flight back but nothing for months :-( We ended up with 2EF. I just couldn't decide if I wanted someone behind us. I like being able to talk to him and share stuff so that was more important to me than losing window seats.
While seated in the suite, the guy behind or in front of you is absolutely not visible.
You'll probably pay attention to your neighbor across the aisle, in which case, just close the doors.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Bumping an old thread, this seemed the most appropriate search result. Hope it's okay.

I have an upcoming flight in a few weeks, booked late in the game. Only seats left are 4A/K and both middle seats in row 3. A380 equipment.

I've read the most recent posts above, which seem to indicate row 4 A and K aren't ideal. I am going to try and sleep a bit. ( It will be an early morning ex-DXB departure, I'm arriving from Asia overnight). Is this noise thing really an issue? I've never sat in row 4 before. I've sat in row 2 and 3 middles and windows and they were all fine, although I like the window more was a solo traveler, which I am on my upcoming trip.

How big of an "issue" is the noise in row 4 windows? On a presumably pretty full to full flight? Would you swap 4A/K to one of the row 2 middles as a solo traveler ? Or is it one of those fairly minor things and no big deal? I'm guessing I'll be pretty tired and gunning for some sleep. Fwiw I don't mind if the galley can see into the suite I usually just close the doors.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Bumping an old thread, this seemed the most appropriate search result. Hope it's okay.

I have an upcoming flight in a few weeks, booked late in the game. Only seats left are 4A/K and both middle seats in row 3. A380 equipment.

I've read the most recent posts above, which seem to indicate row 4 A and K aren't ideal. I am going to try and sleep a bit. ( It will be an early morning ex-DXB departure, I'm arriving from Asia overnight). Is this noise thing really an issue? I've never sat in row 4 before. I've sat in row 2 and 3 middles and windows and they were all fine, although I like the window more was a solo traveler, which I am on my upcoming trip.

How big of an "issue" is the noise in row 4 windows? On a presumably pretty full to full flight? Would you swap 4A/K to one of the row 2 middles as a solo traveler ? Or is it one of those fairly minor things and no big deal? I'm guessing I'll be pretty tired and gunning for some sleep. Fwiw I don't mind if the galley can see into the suite I usually just close the doors.
Have you called EK to see whether the other seats are indeed taken or have just been blocked (e.g. for UM)?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Have you called EK to see whether the other seats are indeed taken or have just been blocked (e.g. for UM)?
thanks, I just did that. Indeed 1A is open. I just switched. So it seems like some of the seats are indeed blocked not necessarily occupied.

The complaints I've read above for 1A - perhaps slightly more cramped, missing a window - don't bother me. I really just want quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.