Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Calling up emirate to get cheap fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Blue/Silver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJQlugKdBsE

according to this guy you need to call up the airline at 12:01am where the airline is based to get cheap fares

don't know if this works for emirates but according to him booking online doesn't work as al the inventory goes back in to the airlines reservation system when people book over the weekend then the ticket prices come back in on monday then onto tuesday which the airline make available on wednesday morning

watch the video better explanation

is it better to call up the airline to get a better deal than going online.

has anyone done that and with luck
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:52 am

Ignore this. There is so much wrong with what he says that I cannot expect the conclusion to be remotely accurate.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Ignore this. There is so much wrong with what he says that I cannot expect the conclusion to be remotely accurate.
what do you mean are u saying he is wrong and that his method doesn't work
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by tmckinnin
what do you mean are u saying he is wrong and that his method doesn't work
I'm saying that there is minimal factual basis in the assertions made in the video and that the evidence provided does not support the conclusions reached.

So yes, in other words, he is wrong.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
OP, since it doesn't cost you anything why don't you give it a shot and let us know how it goes.
You usually don't have to wait long to get connected to an operator.

In essence you may stumble onto something useful that the FT community doesn't know about, otherwise it's just a few minutes of your time expended
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsed
OP, since it doesn't cost you anything why don't you give it a shot and let us know how it goes.
You usually don't have to wait long to get connected to an operator.

In essence you may stumble onto something useful that the FT community doesn't know about, otherwise it's just a few minutes of your time expended
why hasn't anyone else tried this method according the travel expert in the video must be sense it could be cheaper to try it out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.