Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Chauffeur Drive Service now in BKK RIO BUE and DUB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Not sure if this was reported here earlier but good news for everyone:
As of today all these destinations (BKK began 1 Jan, RIO/BUE from 3 Jan, and DUB 9 Jan) have the chauffeur drive provided for J and F.

I know BKK was a sticky one for many.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for posting!

"Itineraries which are exclusively between Bangkok and Hong Kong are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive. Excess mileage charged at THB 35 per km for First Class and Business Class. Payment can be made in cash or by credit card."

Does this mean that if I am flying DXB - BKK stopover then BKK-HKG on another day I can still get the pick up in BKK on the way to HK since my itinerary includes DXB? This is different from the HKG wording:

Not available in areas requiring special entrance permits (e.g., Ma Wan, Discovery Bay or Huangang control point).
Not valid for flights between Hong Kong-Bangkok and vice versa.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:36 pm

I think so!
I'm flying DXB-BKK-HKG and HKG- BKK- stopover- DXB and i was able to reserve for me Chauffeur-drive in BKK.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by slo.d300
I think so!
I'm flying DXB-BKK-HKG and HKG- BKK- stopover- DXB and i was able to reserve for me Chauffeur-drive in BKK.
I had always assumed that being able to book it online meant that you automatically qualified but there are reports of being denied the car after being able to book it online:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...rates-com.html

I am able to book the car online for my BKK-HKG flight in HKG and I'm pretty sure I won't actually get the car..
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I have two DXB<->BKK bookings in F and two BKK <->HKG bookings in F in March and May and none of those bookings are allowing me to reserve a BKK Chauffeur Drive online, it doesn't even present an option for Chauffeur Drive in BKK. Is this something that one must call Emirates to book?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: VA Gold
Athens would be handy!

Pretty bad it's not offered already to be honest.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by whimike
I have two DXB<->BKK bookings in F and two BKK <->HKG bookings in F in March and May and none of those bookings are allowing me to reserve a BKK Chauffeur Drive online, it doesn't even present an option for Chauffeur Drive in BKK. Is this something that one must call Emirates to book?
I did it trough my TA. First she phoned to Emirates office and then booked my Chauffeur Drive.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
DXB-BKK-HKG Chauffeur drive F class

Response withdrawn by author

Last edited by 2old4coach; Jan 12, 2012 at 12:36 pm Reason: problem resolved

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.