Can't view upgrade availability on EF

Old Jan 3, 12, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Can't view upgrade availability on EF

Hi Guys,

I just enrolled on expertflyer and was trying to check the upgrade availability for the following two flights EK501 (BOM-DXB) on 12-Jun and EK504 (DXB-BOM) on 28-Jun. However, neither of these flights pop up when I click the dates and destinations on EF. What might I be doing wrong or what else do I need to do?
Old Jan 3, 12, 2:53 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Can you do a screenshot of your data entry for us to check?
Old Jan 3, 12, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Here is the search query and the results page:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old Jan 3, 12, 4:08 pm

If there are no seats, (D=0), the flight will not show up. If you want the flight to show up even with D=0, then also select C class [flex award] when choosing what classes to search for as the flight is more likely to have C seats. If C=0, then the flight will still not show up.
Old Jan 4, 12, 3:00 am
Original Poster

OK, so what does this mean in terms of upgrade availability? Will EK allocate some seats in "D" class closer to the travel date or is it considered closed?
Old Jan 4, 12, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada View Post
OK, so what does this mean in terms of upgrade availability? Will EK allocate some seats in "D" class closer to the travel date or is it considered closed?
I don't know the specifics for your route, but upgrades do often appear 1 week or even 1 day before the travel date.

I can see from your profile your are Skywards Gold, so what could be a better option for you is to contact the Gold Desk as they may have access to Upgrade awards not available on the general system. There is some mention of it on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...-skywards.html

Search this Thread