Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Questions about transfer from Abu dhabi to Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, ANA

I have two option for going to Dubai from Abu Dhabi, taxi or FlyDubai coach. So I have some questions about that.

- Is there any luggage restriction on FlyDubai coach, I've one checked luggage and a hand luggage ?

- On their website schedule, a Abu Dhabi-DXB T2 trip takes 3 hours, is it normal ?

- How much cost a taxi from Abu Dhabi city to Dubai city. Do they charge any extra for one way or inter-emirate trip ?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: EK Platinum
Since when is there a flight from AUH to DXB?

Taxi takes around 1.15h from AUH to Dubai "city" even though this doesn't exist.
AUH to Marina/Jumeirah ~1h.
AUH to Deira ~1.30h.
It will cost you around 300-350 AED.

If you are to "greedy" for that you can take the Emirates Express bus which should be a few AED but will take some time.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by w00t
Since when is there a flight from AUH to DXB?.
OP is not saying that there is a flight from AUH to DXB. He is referring to a flydubai coach ("coach" as in "bus").
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

yes I'm referring to FlyDubai buses, the problem with Emirates Express is luggages, I don't think we can carry a big size trolley in their buses.

Does anyone know how sharing taxi work? you ask for a taxi and wait until other passengers come ?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 1:36 pm

from Emirates web site:

Terms & Conditions
The bus service is operated by a third party service provider, who bears full responsibility for the complete bus journey in terms of insurance and liability.
The bus service is only applicable to Economy Class passengers booked on an Emirates flight into/out of Dubai.
Passengers must hold a valid flight ticket to board the bus.
Emirates is not in a position to accept passengers that do not have a prior booking made and/or do not have a relevant flight ticket due to limited capacity.
The bus service must be booked at least 48 hours in advance. Requests received after this time will not be guaranteed.
Minimum connecting time required is 2 hours for inbound and outbound passengers.
Normal Emirates baggage allowance apply.

Emirates has one of the world’s most generous baggage policies. Economy Class customers can check in 30 kg, Business Class travellers 40 kg and if you are flying First Class you can travel with 50 kg of checked baggage. These weights do not apply to itineraries involving USA, Canada and Brazil.

Hope it helps
Old Dec 25, 2011, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slo.d300
from Emirates web site:

Terms & Conditions
The bus service is operated by a third party service provider, who bears full responsibility for the complete bus journey in terms of insurance and liability.
The bus service is only applicable to Economy Class passengers booked on an Emirates flight into/out of Dubai.
Passengers must hold a valid flight ticket to board the bus.
Emirates is not in a position to accept passengers that do not have a prior booking made and/or do not have a relevant flight ticket due to limited capacity.
The bus service must be booked at least 48 hours in advance. Requests received after this time will not be guaranteed.
Minimum connecting time required is 2 hours for inbound and outbound passengers.
Normal Emirates baggage allowance apply.

Emirates has one of the world’s most generous baggage policies. Economy Class customers can check in 30 kg, Business Class travellers 40 kg and if you are flying First Class you can travel with 50 kg of checked baggage. These weights do not apply to itineraries involving USA, Canada and Brazil.

Hope it helps

Actually I speak about FlyDubai buses and not Emirates Airlines buses which is only for EK passengers. FlyDubai buses are for everyone and the luggage allowance is not the same because you don't need to be a FlyDubai passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.