Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Question re Skywards award calculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question re Skywards award calculation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Question re Skywards award calculation

Not the most important problem in the world, but I'd still appreciate any advice...

I have 142,500 miles in my account; my wife and I would like to use them to fly DBX-SEZ RT in J next year. Right now Saver flights are available for 150K miles, which I assume would translate into exactly the number of miles we have, given the 5% discount for online booking. But when I try doing so, the site says that 142,600 miles are necessary.

As I said, not the biggest problem in the world. I called EK and the CSR there said he's messaging Skywards to ask about this apparent glitch and expects an answer or correction in 24 hours. And I can certainly foot the bill for the minimum 2000 mile purchase if necessary to get enough into my account.

Still, any thoughts on this and if I should do anything else before simply paying for the miles?

Thanks for any help.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
That certainly is odd. If there is plenty of availability I would wait for EK to get back to you but if there isn't I would eat the $25 and just purchase 1,000 miles to avoid the risk of losing the seats.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll definitely eat the $76 (which is what it would cost me for the minimum 2K miles purchase), but just wanted to check to see if I'm missing something obvious here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.