Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which seat to choose???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Which seat to choose???

I'm flying on the Emirates A380 and I was wondering what people's opinions were between an normal economy seat in the front of the plane (I've heard its cosy ) or the seat 68k, which seems to have extra legroom being behind the emergency exit row.

Which of these to people think would be better? I'm a little concerned about the tv being in the armrest; do you still get controls to play games and does it strain the neck to watch?

Its just its my first and probably only time on the A380, so I want it to be really good (I know that sounds sad)!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:56 am

68K all the way.

You will have your own controller for the TV and you won't get neck ache, I promise.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:26 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Which sector is this?

If it's a long trip go for 68k for the extra legroom; if it's short flight then the front seats are also nice and just a bit quieter. You also get a wing-free view from the windows if you like looking out.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xlr
Which sector is this?

If it's a long trip go for 68k for the extra legroom; if it's short flight then the front seats are also nice and just a bit quieter. You also get a wing-free view from the windows if you like looking out.
Its from Bangkok to Dubai, so I think like 6 and a bit hours? Not very long, but in the middle of the night.

And thanks Yanny Baba!
Old Jul 30, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by yanny baba
68K all the way.

You will have your own controller for the TV and you won't get neck ache, I promise.

Enjoy your trip.
Out of curiosity, is 68A not mirrored, i.e. the same seat and foot space dimensions?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GigoloArt
Out of curiosity, is 68A not mirrored, i.e. the same seat and foot space dimensions?
It is indeed, but the OP only mentioned 68K so presumably 68A was already gone.

If one is right handed 68K is better as there's more space for elbow movement while eating the meal (if someone is in the middle seat).
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:36 pm

Just my ¢2
Up front is quieter and if the IFE screen is in your armrest you will miss the take off and landing view its fun http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5190919/
If you are a transit pax, does not matter where you sit, however if your destination is Dubai, get off the damn plane faster by being up front

Disclaimer : never been in row 68, have enjoyed the first few rows ABC and checking out the little office under the front stairs. Y CSD gets the worst work space, its a closet.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by ung1
It is indeed, but the OP only mentioned 68K so presumably 68A was already gone.

If one is right handed 68K is better as there's more space for elbow movement while eating the meal (if someone is in the middle seat).
Now there is a tidbit of info that is not bought out on Seat Guru. Call me slow bit in all my years I had never considered that, but I will now! Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 1:50 am
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
If you're sleeping go for 68.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Now there is a tidbit of info that is not bought out on Seat Guru. Call me slow bit in all my years I had never considered that, but I will now! Thanks.
The same applies to any groups of seats, in any class. The right hand seat will always give a right hander more room to manoeuvre when using cutlery, laptop, etc.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by yanny baba
The same applies to any groups of seats, in any class. The right hand seat will always give a right hander more room to manoeuvre when using cutlery, laptop, etc.
Though this doesn't hold true for window seats on non-A380 aircraft as they are quite cramped. So on a 777 I would get C or G, whereas on the 380 K would be good too.

You'd think it is an easy decision on the Suites since there is no one around, but it really depends on which hand you're going to reach for the Dom with. No point wasting time reaching for the glass.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:24 am

So on a 777 I would get C or G ....
I am right handed but I always go for D or H if travelling in Y. The reason is that I can cross my legs with the right leg going out into the walkway.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:56 am

Though this doesn't hold true for window seats on non-A380 aircraft as they are quite cramped. So on a 777 I would get C or G, whereas on the 380 K would be good too.
Tis true, but i was referring to the elbow jousting you may have to indulge in with a neighbour in a left handed seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.