Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Urgent: seats left on emirates flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I am flying this friday from dusseldorf to Honk kong via Dubai.
First flight is on the 29.07.2011 with flight number EK58. Second flight is on the 30.07.2011 with flight number EK380.

I might get an upgrade on my dads miles. Could anyone check the seat availability (both actual seats sold and forcast)???

Please this is urgent. I have asked a friend who works at Lufthansa to check the availability. His system shows a red unhappy smiley for both flights. Meaning the seat availability is low, but he can't see actual seat numbers.

I would appreciate any help at all

Superquickfly
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
29.7 DUS - DXB

EK 57
Economy to Business: 0
Business to First: 0

EK 59
Economy to Business: 0
Business to First: 1

30.7 DXB - HKG

EK 380
Economy to Business: 4
Business to First: 2

You didn't specify which class you fly. Anyways, you will get lucky on the DXB - HKG leg. I would call the call center right away.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I am flying economy class so I am looking for a business class upgrade. The travel agent booked the ticket and the flight confirmation shows Y class fare. But when I had a look at checkmytrip it says "economy restricted" (so I am guessing chances are slim)

Also the first flight is EK58. Could you check if there are any seats at all available in business class?
Also could you check how many economy seats are available? I guess if there are more available seats in Eco there will be less people who get upgraded because of their frequentflyer status.

Thank you so much in advance!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
If you want an upgrade in advance of the flight, you can check the availability yourself by going to MMB and trying to upgrade one or more legs of your flight.

The availability of Y seats is meaningless, as upgrade inventory will open up based on how many J seats are available.

Also, most economy fares will be 'restricted' or 'discounted' but that is meaningless. Your only concern would be whether the fare is flex or saver, and therefore how many miles you need for the upgrade.

People who get upgraded because of status will only be upgraded if the flight is oversold. Even with one economy seat empty, they will not be moved to the J cabin.

Hope that clarifies things a bit.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much! I will give them a call to see how it goes. I still need to register for the miles program.

If anyone at all has access to the emirates intranet or to the amadeus system could you check how many seats are booked for EK58 and EK380? Maybe that way I can get an op-up on one of the flights.

The forecast on the Lufthansa intranet for both the flights is red. (red means that employees on standby have to be lucky to get a seat) However the intranet doesn't show actual numbers of seats booked for most non Lufthansa flights.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by superquickfly
Thanks so much! I will give them a call to see how it goes. I still need to register for the miles program.

If anyone at all has access to the emirates intranet or to the amadeus system could you check how many seats are booked for EK58 and EK380? Maybe that way I can get an op-up on one of the flights.

The forecast on the Lufthansa intranet for both the flights is red. (red means that employees on standby have to be lucky to get a seat) However the intranet doesn't show actual numbers of seats booked for most non Lufthansa flights.
As a Skywards Blue, you are unlikely to get an op-up, so don't get your hopes high on that. You can sign up for a trial account on expertflyer to see what availability is like.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Great website. That will help a lot!

I always assumed that only people who work for airlines could get this info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.