Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Etihad introduces Gold Elite, when will Emirates follow with a 4th Tier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold

I was actually quite surprised to see Etihad coming up with Gold Elite, and while Skywards is screaming for a 4th tier, I really haven't heard any noises about a 4th tier coming - at least not from the local Emirates staff. (I'm counting out IO which seems out of reach for most of us who spend the majority of their time on the ground or in the middle/ back when up in the air). Does anyone have any clues or pointers on a 4th TIer.

Speaking of which, I am not too impressed with the benefits of Gold Elite given the steep jump of 75K extra miles to qualify, except for one - access to Diamond First Class Lounge. I think this is one benefit that I would really like to see on Skywards given how crowded the lounge (and the loos) becomes in the morning - in my last two trips I have chosen not to enter the T3 J lounge in the mornings.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:05 am

Programs: EK Gold, *A Gold,CX Gold, 9W Plat,SPG Gold,EY Gold,Hilton Gold
tried to ask loads of person but no good response ..
they badly need a 4th tier..

emirates has to come up with sumthing

waiting with finger crossed.....
Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Discussion already covered here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...-new-tier.html

EK/ Skywards are aware of the need for another tier. Why it hasn't been launched yet? - some claim it's lack of IT support, others say with Saver fares everywhere it is less relevant, others say they want to be sure they can reliably provide the promised benefits before they introduce it.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:26 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by vishruts
tried to ask loads of person but no good response ..
they badly need a 4th tier..

emirates has to come up with sumthing

waiting with finger crossed.....
We've actually discussed this a lot over the last 12-months. Some of the conversation can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...um-rumour.html

And if you continue to search, you will probably find a lot more "conjecture" around the proposed 4th tier.

We were told at the Dubai Do that the introduction of another tier has been discussed at length by Skywards, but the challenge is how to deliver any program enhancements with consistency.

There is also the argument that the ranks of Golds and Silvers will re-align themselves and shrink by a significant percentage due to the Saver/Flex fare issues.

The iO program is supposedly going to be expanded - but will still be "by invitation only" so doesn't apply to the general masses.

Trust me, as soon as we know more, you'll know more
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:21 pm

Believe me the iO is losing its allure already. Not at all as good as it was in the beginning.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Aquitania
Believe me the iO is losing its allure already. Not at all as good as it was in the beginning.
Any chance you could expand on that?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Dare I ask what are the benefits of iO (apart from Range Rovers for the chauffeur in DXB)? Enquiring minds want to know.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:59 am

An iO member could always get seats on oversold flights in the good old days, or at least I was lucky. Now I was making a reservation a few days in advance and the iO team could barely get me a first class seat. My husband, who is still a Skywards Gold member, could not even be waitlisted for either first or business class for that flight - disgracing the fact that we were travelling together.

As for the benefits, most of them were guessed on this forum anyways. I have used the black Range Rover just once and was not impressed at all - so my husband or our chaffeur are always there.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by Aquitania
An iO member could always get seats on oversold flights in the good old days, or at least I was lucky. Now I was making a reservation a few days in advance and the iO team could barely get me a first class seat. My husband, who is still a Skywards Gold member, could not even be waitlisted for either first or business class for that flight - disgracing the fact that we were travelling together.

As for the benefits, most of them were guessed on this forum anyways. I have used the black Range Rover just once and was not impressed at all - so my husband or our chaffeur are always there.
Oh dear - well I will not aspire to IO then! I am lucky enough to have my own Black Range Rover and driver anyway ...
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Oh dear - well I will not aspire to IO then! I am lucky enough to have my own Black Range Rover and driver anyway ...
Darn it, I don't have a Black Range Rover, or a driver, just a gold colored card. Don't know about IO, but the Skywards Gold card does one job perfectly 100% ,all the time 24x7x365
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.