Wiki Posts
Search

39K miles- how to spend?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:33 am
Original Poster

39K miles- how to spend?

Hello all,

I have 39K skywards miles that will all expire on June 30. I had planned to put them toward something via United- but it seems the partnership with united no longer exists .

I figure I will just spend the miles on something in the Emirates high street store- but I wanted to ask here first just in case anyone has a brighter idea. I am a poor student, so I will only be able to add up to $500 (and from what I've read, there are no cash+miles type things via emirates?) My home airport is BWI.

tia!

Last edited by junebug; Jun 18, 2011 at 6:50 am
Old Jun 18, 2011, 7:28 am

Raffle for a pair of J tickets anywhere in the EK network. 2,500 miles per entry.

http://www.skywards.com/Spending_Miles.aspx?SkinID=6
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:00 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Check the high street store if there's anything useful - if not just try the raffle.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:03 pm

He can't upgrade a segment from another FTer with his miles? (against some donation or something else he could use?)
Old Jun 19, 2011, 1:55 am
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
You could even donate it to the Emirates Airline Foundation, I think that's better than some raffle draw which you probably wouldn't win anyway.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:02 am

Seems like something has been deleted from this thread. It may have been against Skywards rules but surely that shouldn't stop it being on here.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:11 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ft101
Seems like something has been deleted from this thread. It may have been against Skywards rules but surely that shouldn't stop it being on here.
Actually, any discussion pertaining to the buying and/or selling of miles is against the FlyerTalk ToS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.