Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Visa Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Multiple entry visa is for business purposes only and requires a local sponsor.

For stays of 1-2 days you can utilise the 96-hour transit visa which has no restrictions on re-entry. It is very easy to process from Emirates online and costs around US$60 including all fees, plus a US$300 security deposit for Indian nationals that they theoretically refund 4-6 days after departure but in practise you have to chase them and can take up to 3 months to process.
Gosh! Didn't knew this thing (USD 300 deposit) existed. Surely EK is going from good to bad to worse.

So, 96 hour visa is multi-entry? If yes, whats the point??
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:01 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by kshastry
Gosh! Didn't knew this thing (USD 300 deposit) existed. Surely EK is going from good to bad to worse.

I dont think its multiple entry.. I think the point B747 was making is that there is the restriction that re-entry cannot happen within 30days (which is there on some other visas) is not there on these 96hr visas.. So theoritically, somone could have a stopover two times within a month if he enters on these 96hr visas..
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kshastry

I think the deposit is a government requirement and has nothing to do with EK. If I'm not mistaken, it is something like $1400 if a UAE resident sponsors a visit visa for a friend/ relative.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by ung1
I think the deposit is a government requirement and has nothing to do with EK. If I'm not mistaken, it is something like $1400 if a UAE resident sponsors a visit visa for a friend/ relative.
Can UAE residents sponsor a multiple entry visa for a friend ? Then I can try this out too if it avoids paying USD60 everytime.. Deposit maybe possible..
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Can UAE residents sponsor a multiple entry visa for a friend ? Then I can try this out too if it avoids paying USD60 everytime.. Deposit maybe possible..
You still need to pay the visa fee, and residents can only sponsor a visit visa, not a transit (96 hr) visa. Moreover I think it is limited to blood relatives only, and not friends.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:56 am

You still need to pay the visa fee, and residents can only sponsor a visit visa, not a transit (96 hr) visa. Moreover I think it is limited to blood relatives only, and not friends.
thanks.. now is the time to check the UAE govt site
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:52 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
UAE residents can sponsor friends (and relatives) for 30 day visit visas but each is judged on its own merits and the merits are a bit hit and miss. Occasionally a UAE resident can sponsor a very close relative for a 90 day visit visa but the circumstances need to be compelling - illness, etc. There are no re-entry rights for visit visa holders except for short trips to Oman.

By way of guidance it usually costs me about Aed2,800 for a visa for a friend or relative but you get Aed2,000 back afer they leave.

Last edited by mrtdxb; Apr 27, 2011 at 3:53 am Reason: Costs added
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
UAE residents can sponsor friends (and relatives) for 30 day visit visas but each is judged on its own merits and the merits are a bit hit and miss. Occasionally a UAE resident can sponsor a very close relative for a 90 day visit visa but the circumstances need to be compelling - illness, etc. There are no re-entry rights for visit visa holders except for short trips to Oman.

By way of guidance it usually costs me about Aed2,800 for a visa for a friend or relative but you get Aed2,000 back afer they leave.
hmmm..then this is more expensive for short visits specially since its single entry for practical purposes..
Old Apr 27, 2011, 4:03 am

Occasionally a UAE resident can sponsor a very close relative for a 90 day visit visa but the circumstances need to be compelling - illness, etc.
In my experience it's been as easy to obtain a 90 day visa as a 30 day visa. It just costs more, but the process is exactly the same, and we've done this several times.

There are no re-entry rights for visit visa holders except for short trips to Oman.
Again, my experience differs here as I know people who have been in a situation where they couldn't do a short weekend in Oman as they were on a single entry visit visa.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 4:57 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Again, my experience differs here as I know people who have been in a situation where they couldn't do a short weekend in Oman as they were on a single entry visit visa.
Did your people fly or drive? The road crossings seem to be fine ...
Old Apr 27, 2011, 5:03 am

Did your people fly or drive? The road crossings seem to be fine ...
Drive across the border towards Muscat. I don't know anyone that did this and got stuck there though, so maybe it's just people who didn't want to risk going there and being unable to come back. But you do get an exit stamp in your passport, so technically you've left the country and can't re-enter.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by charlesdaniel
In the VisasOffice, at where you will get the expert advice to assist you in obtaining the right Visa Service for Hong Kong.
? What passport. Many passports don't need visas. EK website has a visa requirements Search

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.