Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Lounge Meetup Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Does anyone ever actually meet-up via this thread? I guess that the chances are extremely low that you would have someone on the same flights, that you don't know, reading this the day before they are due to travel... Still, I guess that this is better than everyone posting individual threads. I like the idea, just maybe the format is not the best to find what you are looking for in an easy way.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Ozziebob
22/3/2014 1400 hrs EK152 CPH-DXB
23/3/2014 0150 hrs EK414 DXB-SYD

I will be in the F lounge in the A gates at DXB. Company more than welcome! If anyone is on the flight, maybe a meet-up at the bar at the back of the top deck!
I'm landing in DXB on EK16 on the 23rd and connecting to EK510.Not sure whether I'll be in A or B concourse but will be in one of the J lounges. There is only a 1.5 hr overlap between my flight landing and your flight departing.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Does anyone ever actually meet-up via this thread? I guess that the chances are extremely low that you would have someone on the same flights, that you don't know, reading this the day before they are due to travel... Still, I guess that this is better than everyone posting individual threads. I like the idea, just maybe the format is not the best to find what you are looking for in an easy way.
Maybe there is another 'format' but am struggling to think of one right now.

Mind you, I'm pretty sure wandering around the main terminal of any airport with a megaphone offering to guest folk into a lounge would generate a swift response - albeit more of a response than you might wish ...... !!

As an aside, I did hear recently from an EK lounge dragon (can't recall where, and have no idea if any substance to it or not) that the 'guest invite' rules & regs may be tightened once again, seemingly because of greater-than-predicted use of lounge facilities by QF status travellers since the alliance was implemented.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:10 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I'm landing in DXB on EK16 on the 23rd and connecting to EK510.Not sure whether I'll be in A or B concourse but will be in one of the J lounges. There is only a 1.5 hr overlap between my flight landing and your flight departing.
When I land at DXB, I am heading straight for the A gate F lounge. If you also end up over that way, send me a PM and I will get you into the F lounge if possible... i guess that this only makes sense if you are also going from the A gates. Anyway, PM me if karma flows your way

I was on 510 last week and it seems to always leave from the B gates... don't make my mistake and avoid the Plaza lounges in India if you don't want food poisoning.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Maybe there is another 'format' but am struggling to think of one right now.

Mind you, I'm pretty sure wandering around the main terminal of any airport with a megaphone offering to guest folk into a lounge would generate a swift response - albeit more of a response than you might wish ...... !!

As an aside, I did hear recently from an EK lounge dragon (can't recall where, and have no idea if any substance to it or not) that the 'guest invite' rules & regs may be tightened once again, seemingly because of greater-than-predicted use of lounge facilities by QF status travellers since the alliance was implemented.
I will give it some thought... have a pleasant 27.5 hour journey tomorrow to contemplate this...

I am from Aus and yes, there are a lot more Aussies in the lounges, but from my experience, they seem to congregate at the A gate lounges. The F lounge there is far from crowded, no matter the time of day
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
When I land at DXB, I am heading straight for the A gate F lounge. If you also end up over that way, send me a PM and I will get you into the F lounge if possible... i guess that this only makes sense if you are also going from the A gates. Anyway, PM me if karma flows your way

I was on 510 last week and it seems to always leave from the B gates... don't make my mistake and avoid the Plaza lounges in India if you don't want food poisoning.
I usually take the EK510 4-5 times a year. Last time it was from A. I would say that it is 50% A and 50% B.

Flights to southern India are usually B or sometimes C

Good tip about the plaza lounges. Would suggest not eating any cold food in Indian lounges.

This includes the DEL EK lounge aa well. The cheeseboard and fruits can be a bit dodgy.

Will try to Pm u if possible
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Good tip about the plaza lounges. Would suggest not eating any cold food in Indian lounges.
True. When EK didn't have a dedicated lounge at BOM, they had outsourced it to the Celebrations lounge - that was simply the worst excuse for a lounge that I have seen anywhere.

Food quality at EK lounges (especially desserts) in India leaves a lot to be desired and has ample scope for improvement. Compared to JFK (or even LHR, MAN, CDG, for that matter) the food selection and quality at BOM (I havent yet been to the lounge in the new terminal, if they have one and shall comment in 2 weeks), but for a station which handles 5 daily flights all of which offer service in First Class, can at best be called 'average' and at worst, 'pathetic'.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:44 am

Would suggest not eating any cold food in Indian lounges.
I had the hot soy chicken dish... a lot of other foreigners ate it too. I guess we all shared an intimate night with some fine Indian porcelain in our hotels that night!
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:08 am

I was always advised to avoid anything in India other than vegetables (unless you are on the coast when fish/seafood are ok).....doesn't matter where you are heading....remember the citricidal and acidophillus (scuse spelling) tablets particularly when heading anywhere to India. A friend got seriously bad food poisoning on her honeymoon at the Lake Palace in Udaipur but that's for another thread...
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
4 April ek 17 dxb man

7 April man dxb ek18

Happy to guest
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Two Aussies be in F lounge DXB

Flight EK 125 6th May departs 17.15

Flight EK 380 23rd May departs 10.05
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
29th April - Flight EK405 - MEL > DXB departing 7pm.

Happy to guest into lounge.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: EK Silver, EY Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Hi,

This is a long shot but I thought I will give it a try...

I am in the BCL in T3 near B gates @ DXB. Since I am silver I am not able to bring in my wife and daughter. If there is anyone willing to guest them in, can you please PM me?

Really appreciate your help!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:48 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Ah shucks if only I had seen this thread before, would have tried to do a meetup the other month in the EK 1st class lounge in DXB when I was there.

Anyways, next time I shall keep this thread in mind.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
11/04/2014 8:30-9:45 DAC EKL (happy to help, EK583)
11/04/2014 13:30-15:30 DXB BCL (happy to help, EK85)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.