Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Newbie Lounge is a place where you can get answers to your questions about Emirates and the Skywards program. No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about Emirates you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here.

We realize that FlyerTalk is a huge place. Until you learn your way around, feel free to post here without fear of retribution or reprimands for not using search. Our volunteer Moderators will be monitoring the lounge to assist you in finding your answers but I think you'll find that all members of FlyerTalk are here to assist you with answers and advice.

We're all glad you are here.
/Emirates Skywards Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER
You will be on the A380 for this flight as well if you are flying prior to 27th March. Although there is a high probability that if EK has further delay in getting clearance from PVG to put the A380 there then this could continue further on the EK 384/385 service.
I believe the "extra" A380 service is EK380/381 which will be discontinued if PVG gets the go ahead.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: Virgin,UA,Singapore Air,Hyatt,Starwood
Originally Posted by ung1
You can do this online through manage a booking. You'll need to sign up for Skywards first, and then you can select seats for everyone on the booking.

Thanks. I'll try doing that.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question Connecting at ATH

I am flying BA640 in Club Europe connecting to EK106 to DXB. Connecting time is 2 hrs 15 mins. I will be checking baggage so will have to collect & recheck with EK.

Is this risky? > Is it better to take the flight the night before and stay overnight at the Sofitel? . I will be flying F on EK.

I realise there is EK104 at 22.25 but this is unreliable & gets cancelled frequently plus it arrives too late for my EK384 connection in DXB to HKG.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by col747uk
I am flying BA640 in Club Europe connecting to EK106 to DXB. Connecting time is 2 hrs 15 mins. I will be checking baggage so will have to collect & recheck with EK.

Is this risky? > Is it better to take the flight the night before and stay overnight at the Sofitel? . I will be flying F on EK.

I realise there is EK104 at 22.25 but this is unreliable & gets cancelled frequently plus it arrives too late for my EK384 connection in DXB to HKG.

ATH is very convenient airport and you will not have any problem with your connection time, The only thing you have to worry about is any possible delay from LHR. Actually, I believe that will take you less than 30 minutes from your disembarkation to reach the Emirates check in desk. There are no queues on the passport control although there is an issue with BA's priority luggage tag but don't worry as far your flight is on time.

It was probably the best First class offer i had ever seen, i booked 3 First returns to Asian destinations

PS I checked on expertflyer where says that BA640 72% is on time and the average delay is 18m.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Northumberland Lady
First - I have booked flights online with Emirates and have the option to add hotels - if I do will I earn Skywards miles?

Second - I received an email stating that if I saty at any Hilton Hotel I will receive 500 Skywards miles - I'm booked into a Hilton in 2 weeks - do I just take my Skywards card withme wheen I check-in or do I need to do something else please?
Thanks.
As nobody answered your questione, I can help you with the Hilton: Present your skywards card at check in. That is all you need to do.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
Originally Posted by dlh7la
Hi,
I have an itin in june/july with EK, routing is FRA-DXB-BKK-HKG, KUL-DXB-FRA with Stopovers in DXB, BKK and HKG. When im on EK.com it shows me that my Passenger Information is "Incomplete". When i want to edit it, every field i filled in just says "OnRecord". Is that correct and the way it should be?
Originally Posted by ung1
You don't need to worry about this. The details will be taken care of at check in by the agent.
Although it is not something to worry about before flying, it does seem to be a glitch in the MMB system. The reason it says "incomplete" seems to be that EK.com wants next of kin details included if you are flying to/from the EU. However, if you try to enter them it always says the telephone number is incorrect (whatever you enter!) Not a big problem but a niggle that they need to sort out.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 5:32 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Electrostar
Although it is not something to worry about before flying, it does seem to be a glitch in the MMB system. The reason it says "incomplete" seems to be that EK.com wants next of kin details included if you are flying to/from the EU. However, if you try to enter them it always says the telephone number is incorrect (whatever you enter!) Not a big problem but a niggle that they need to sort out.
Try putting "00" and then the country code in the telephone field. That has fixed it in the past when I have got stuck...
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Smile

Originally Posted by eightblack
Try putting "00" and then the country code in the telephone field. That has fixed it in the past when I have got stuck...
Worked for me as well a few days ago . It then accepts the telephone number.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
Originally Posted by eightblack
Excellent tip, it worked! I can see moderators know their stuff. Thanks. And thanks to col747uk as well
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:16 pm
Ooi

Hi new old kid on the block. Have always done LHR - KUL with either MH or SQ. Trying out EK this trip via DXB. Whats' shopping like in DXB compared to LHR LGW, Changi or KLIA? Grateful for any advice.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:47 pm

Hot to Emirates mall, don't forget your ski, you will love it....:-::-:

Last edited by MarkusToe; Feb 17, 2011 at 2:53 pm
Old Feb 17, 2011, 5:43 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Ooi
Hi new old kid on the block. Have always done LHR - KUL with either MH or SQ. Trying out EK this trip via DXB. Whats' shopping like in DXB compared to LHR LGW, Changi or KLIA? Grateful for any advice.
Very expensive! Probably cheaper in London.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Feb 17, 2011, 5:48 pm

hi,

i am flying BNE-ZRH in economy in a few months and am trying to pick a decent airline. unfortunately emirates has changed their planes and might now be rather crappy??

i am doing it non-stop and have to go directly from airport to office at the end of it so i am trynig to pick a half decent seat.. last time i did it i flew EK and the schedule & A340 was verrry comfortable.

now the EK schedule is not so good (refuelling stop in SIN) and they fly a 777-300ER BNE-DXB, then a 777-200 DXB-ZRH.... no one is happy with these seats, are the ten-abreast seats really that terrible?

other airline options i have are CX (on an A330 then a 744) or TG (on a 777-200/300 then an A340)... would any of these be better?? most important to me is a good schedule, comfortable seat so i can sleep and decent IFE.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:05 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Dannnnn

I moved your post to the Newbies lounge. You'll get a more favorable and timely response here.

And welcome to FT and the EK forum by the way.

Cheers

SIMON
(eightblack)
Moderator-EK Forum
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Ooi
With the more expensive SGD, alcohol at DXB is slightly cheaper (in USD). DXB is supposed to be one of the cheapest places for duty free shopping (and the sales figures seem to support that), but I haven't compared prices of anything else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.