Wiki Posts
Search

Tennis bag as a cabin baggage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Tennis bag as a cabin baggage

Hey!

Can you tell me if I can take my tennis bag with 3 racquets and some tennis dresses on a plane as a cabin baggage? Do I have to pay extra for that?

What should I do if I can't have the bag with myself because I don't want to put the racquets on a check in.

If it is important...I am flying from Venice - Dubai - Sydney (2 days stop) - Christchurch and back Christchurch - Sydney (1.5 h stop) - Bangkok (1.5 h stop) - Dubai - Venice.

The bag is like this...

http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.co...PTT201012.html

Thank you for your help!!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Shouldn't be a problem if that's your only piece of hand luggage.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Hi,

Left professional WTA quiet some time ago (played for 2 years) & never had a problem to carry the kit onboard but that was in F with EK or SQ or CX or UA or BA mostly or even in J wih SU or DL or AF or KL.

So you will be fine. In Yankee Class I have no idea how this should work out with EK.

Safe Flying

EGT
Old Dec 24, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Economy Class customers are permitted one piece of carry-on baggage that may not exceed 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20 cm) and must weigh no more than 15 lb (7 kg).
Old Dec 25, 2010, 3:13 am
Original Poster

ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER thank you but I have a little problem because I don't understand a part of your reply.

What do this letters mean:
F with EK or SQ or CX or UA or BA mostly or even in J wih SU or DL or AF or KL.

I know the measures allowed are 55 x 38 x 20 cm, but my bag is L76.2 x H30.48 x D35.56 cm.

That is way I don't know what to do.

Thank you.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER thank you but I have a little problem because I don't understand a part of your reply.

What do this letters mean:
F with EK or SQ or CX or UA or BA mostly or even in J wih SU or DL or AF or KL.

I know the measures allowed are 55 x 38 x 20 cm, but my bag is L76.2 x H30.48 x D35.56 cm.

That is way I don't know what to do.

Thank you.
The two-letters abbreviations are the airline codes. SQ is Singapore Air, CX Cathay Pacific, EK is Emirates, UA United, etc. The one letter is the class of travel. F is first, C/J is business and Y is economy class.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:43 pm

returned yesterday on a Y seat from DXB to IAH, a passenger had a big backpackers bag, really big, and he took it onboard in DXB, they stoved it in the storage space next to the middle restrooms. so i am guessing a tennis bag is allowed.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kalei
Hey!

Can you tell me if I can take my tennis bag with 3 racquets and some tennis dresses on a plane as a cabin baggage? Do I have to pay extra for that?

What should I do if I can't have the bag with myself because I don't want to put the racquets on a check in.

If it is important...I am flying from Venice - Dubai - Sydney (2 days stop) - Christchurch and back Christchurch - Sydney (1.5 h stop) - Bangkok (1.5 h stop) - Dubai - Venice.

The bag is like this...

http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.co...PTT201012.html

Thank you for your help!!
Hello there,
I am flying with the Emirates in a week and I was searcging for the same answer. That is why I am writing to you with the same question. Did you have any problems taking your tennis bag on-board as a carry-on? Thank you for your answer in advance.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by romsterson
Hello there,
I am flying with the Emirates in a week and I was searcging for the same answer. That is why I am writing to you with the same question. Did you have any problems taking your tennis bag on-board as a carry-on? Thank you for your answer in advance.
Please remember the post you quoted and subsequent responses are > 3.5 years old so may be out of date. However, the UK area of the EK.com website currently gives the same figures of 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20 cm) and weight of no more than 15 lb (7 kg).

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/p...age_rules.aspx
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:58 am

As my user name suggests, I'm a tennis player. On some flights that I've taken (not EK) my tennis rackets have been construed as a 'potential weapon' and so had to be checked in and not taken into the cabin. Another thought is that most 3 racket bags would exceed the regulation dimensions for cabin luggage although I often see people lugging incredibly large bags into the cabin.
Old May 21, 2015, 4:16 am

I had no problem last year on a trip from Athens, Greece to Mexico City, via Paris, with Air France. Took my Head monstercombie as a carry on. It looks though that as far as tennis bags are concerned, we depend more on the employees at the airport check points, than to any company's policy. I've read that Lufthansa and British Airways do not accept tennis bags as a carry on. Anyone had any experience with those companies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.