Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

What is happening with EK-384 ( 13 Oct ) ?????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK

I have a strange situation while trying to book a flight, hopefully somebody can help me.

I'm trying to book a business class (full fare ticket) flight from DXB to BKK on 13 October.
When i did the booking flight EK-384 was not available for all classes.
This was very strange as the flight is planned with the A380 and it is low season to BKK.
I fly this route every month ( 777 normally ) and normally it is not fully booked in Business Class.
After sending a mail to Emirates they informed me that the flight was not open for booking yet, which is hard to believe as for all other times and dates the flights are normally available for booking.
The two other flights are available but not convenient for me.
Then after a few days i received a mail from Emirates that the flight was available for booking.
As i was on a business trip it took a few days before i could try to book the flight again.
But when i tried to book the flight it was not available again for all classes.
Now Emirates informed me that the flight is fully booked.
As mentioned before the flight is planned for the A380 and in my opinion can't be fully booked.

What is going on here ??
Is it possible that Emirates is planning to downgrade the plane to a 777 and therefore closed the flight as a safety measure ?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 4:53 am

Programs: Star GOLD, EK SIlver
Hi
I am sorry to inform you, but the flight is fully booked in Business and First, with couple available seats in Economy.
When EK office informed you that the flight is open again, they ment somebody canceled his booking, but meanwhile somebody else booked the canceled seat.
Unfortunately the whole week is fully booked in Business and First. The nearest availability is 20th Oct.
P.S. Aircraft is A380 and yes, 76 seats in Business and 14 seats in First - all booked
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ekfb
Hi
I am sorry to inform you, but the flight is fully booked in Business and First, with couple available seats in Economy.
When EK office informed you that the flight is open again, they ment somebody canceled his booking, but meanwhile somebody else booked the canceled seat.
Unfortunately the whole week is fully booked in Business and First. The nearest availability is 20th Oct.
P.S. Aircraft is A380 and yes, 76 seats in Business and 14 seats in First - all booked
Thanks for the information.
I'm booked on the 08:50 flight with wait listing for the 03:15 flight.
It is strange that everything is fully booked as it is the low season.
Good for emirates I suppose.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:08 pm

I was on EK385 HKG-BKK on 1 Oct (A380 First flight), all three classes were fully book, I was lucky enough to grab a seat in First Class few days before flight.

Are the A380 is that attractive?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maeharasmuse
I think you're confusing something.

I think you're confusing the B777 and the A380.

Most people know how to tell the difference.

They know the A380 is just a plane in a league of its own.

That's why they all want to fly on the silently cruising whale jet instead of on the coffee grinding noised triple 7.

That's why the A380s are heavily booked.

I know many people that would go out of their way to be able to fly on a A380 instead of on a B777 (actually, I'm one of them).

I think that BKK-DXB is a well served route though: IIANM there's other flts operated by B777s and A332s - maybe you'll be more lucky finding a seat on one of those flights.

I'm not confused at all !
I know very well the difference and have flown more then 15 times on the 380 and countless times on the triple 7.
Basically I don't care which plane it is as long I can fly on the EK-384 as this is the most convenient time for me.
In my experience the 380 is being well used but most of the time there are always a few spare seats.
I only talk about Business or First Class as I don’t fly Economy.

I only started the thread because EK-384 was not available for booking and then available and then not available again.
Because all other flight where normally available I was thinking that something else was going on. ( like a possible plane change )
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: SkyWards Ex Silver & BA
One piece of good news is that as of the first of November according to the published time table that there will be two A380 flying DXB to BKK.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Basil B
One piece of good news is that as of the first of November according to the published time table that there will be two A380 flying DXB to BKK.
Where did you hear this? The website shows EK384 as an A380, EK418 as a B777-300ER, EK372 as B77-300 and EK374 as either an A330-200 or B777-300.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.