Search

77W J Seats Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
77W J Seats Question

I tried search buyt could not find the exact informaiton I seek. To this end, I have 2 specific quesitons about the J seats on 77W btw JFK-DXB EK204

1. Which seat would you pick 7E or 11E (Igenerally like to be in the last row of the cabin, as you get bumped less often).

2. How narrow are the seats? I read they are tighter than most J seats. How do they compare to AA, BA or other airlines J seats?

Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
They are new lie flat seats. The seats are pretty good I suggest you take the window seat cause it's private
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
According to www.seatguru.com AA and BA J seats are 20" and EK is 20.5" so no worries on the width.

BA gives you the feeling of more space due to cabin layout, but EK have the dividers, and if you pick a window seat you wil get the feeling of slighly more "privacy". It's easy to step over the person next to you on the aisle even if they are sleeping. Usually the US flights have the newer cabins with the electric window blinds, and for some reason i find these aircraft quieter than others

EK serve and take food orders from the back of the cabin, so I always prefer to go pretty much as far to the end as possible in either J or F cabins. Which is 11, NOT 7. I find you can be bothered by the noise from Y in row 11 and feel that the first 2 separate rows of J, 6 and 7, the cabin seems too small for my liking., I would stick with with 8A or 8K (bulk head rear cabin), or row 9A or K persoanally but it depends n you!

Enjoy your flight! EK is streets ahead of AA when it comes to service, and personally, i think slightly better than BA - although the majority of it spans to the lack of a tranist in LHR for me when doing USA/Middle East or India.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
I like 7D/F. The forward cabin feels much more private. I have also found it tends to be darker during day flights, because a lot more windows are open in the rear cabin. And with 7D and F, I am not in a bulkhead (I hate bulkheads in J), and the chances of somebody climbing over me a minimized. If you're in a window or middle, you have to climb over somebody. If in a window aisle, somebody has to climb over you.

Also, speaking as an AA EXP who flies AA and BA J, these seats are wider than BA CW seats, and as wide as AA J seats. They are fake-flat, but are less inclined than AA J seats, with about 10 inches more pitch.

The service on the DXB-US flights tends to be great in J, and definitely better than AA/BA. That being said I do prefer meals on AA than on EK... EK catering has gotten worse lately IMO.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 6:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks for the guidance!^^^ I took seat 7D, but now wish I had gone for 11D. A lot of seats were open, but now only 2 middle seats are left open.

EK 204 the day flight from NY to DXB. Can I assume the meals are Lunch and Dinner?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
I think you'll be happy with 7D. Row 11 does get noise disturbance from Y. I sat in the back cabin once, and immediately wished I had taken a seat in the front.

I have also always received my choice of meal when sitting in 7D/F. And yes, you will receive two full meals, with access to snacks, sandwiches, etc. in between.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: Cathay Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gametitans
They are new lie flat seats. The seats are pretty good I suggest you take the window seat cause it's private
Not all B77W J has the new lie flat seats - there are some with the recliner seats (no fixed shell)
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by pacificboot
Not all B77W J has the new lie flat seats - there are some with the recliner seats (no fixed shell)
77Ws to JFK definitely have the lie-flat seats in J, along with private suites in F! I believe they are the ULR version of the 77W (no, not talking about the specially certified ones used for SFO) and all B777-300ER ULRs have the upgraded cabin product.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYCbustravelguy
I tried search buyt could not find the exact informaiton I seek. To this end, I have 2 specific quesitons about the J seats on 77W btw JFK-DXB EK204

1. Which seat would you pick 7E or 11E (Igenerally like to be in the last row of the cabin, as you get bumped less often).

2. How narrow are the seats? I read they are tighter than most J seats. How do they compare to AA, BA or other airlines J seats?

Thanks.
Flew JFK-DXB and DXB-BKK on the 777W. The J seats are very narrow. Much more narrow than AA J. There is not much room to move around. and if you are even remotely larger than average, you will have trouble in the seats because the arm rest are toward the back of the seat and the wireless remote sticks out into the seat space. In a bed form, the seats, while narrow are fine. The middle seats is more restricting because of the high seat walls and the wireless remote. All in all, not the best seat on the market.

I was also surprised by the fact the FAs disappeared after the first meal service, not once was any passenger offered drinks or water after unless they went to get it themseleves in the kitchen or pressed their button. Flight was fine, but on both flights, I found the flight crews very lazy, in fact AA FAs look great compared to the service I got on these EK flights. Food was just OK, but plenty of it and lots of options.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by NYCbustravelguy
Flew JFK-DXB and DXB-BKK on the 777W. The J seats are very narrow. Much more narrow than AA J. There is not much room to move around. and if you are even remotely larger than average, you will have trouble in the seats because the arm rest are toward the back of the seat and the wireless remote sticks out into the seat space. In a bed form, the seats, while narrow are fine. The middle seats is more restricting because of the high seat walls and the wireless remote. All in all, not the best seat on the market.

I was also surprised by the fact the FAs disappeared after the first meal service, not once was any passenger offered drinks or water after unless they went to get it themseleves in the kitchen or pressed their button. Flight was fine, but on both flights, I found the flight crews very lazy, in fact AA FAs look great compared to the service I got on these EK flights. Food was just OK, but plenty of it and lots of options.
I was just on EK DXB-SFO and it was one of the best flights I have been on, service wise. I was really impressed. And yes, row 7 is great. No noise or light from the galley.

EK is much, much better than any European/American carrier.

Now, if they could just do something about their FFP...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.