Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Why aren't there any discounts buying Skywards-Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin

Hi there,

I always wondered why there isn't any sell out or special pricing for Skywards-Miles.
Almost every other programm like M&M, UA-Miles, Alaska Something, AB-Topbonus, and so on have "regularly" special prices.
But I never saw any of them for EK. So why?
Does EK/Skywards have enough money or too much costumors? I don't understand... Help me out!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Perhaps to avoid devaluing the program and trying to ensure that only people who fly earn the miles. I think it's a good thing, given that awards are hard enough to get for those of us who earn miles the conventional way. Buying miles is an expensive (lucrative for the airline) option for those falling short by a small amount.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:37 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
I do think that once you have demonstrated loyalty to EK (ie by achieving Silver or Gold) then you should be allowed to buy more than the measly 25,000 miles in a year.

As you say, buying miles is profitable for the airline. And the reward amounts are not exactly cheap on EK.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
yeah, but if you allready make gold you should be able to achieve your gold again.
no private person without enough money is IMHO able to achieve gold.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by finnsch
yeah, but if you allready make gold you should be able to achieve your gold again.

This entire discussion is about Skywards miles, not tier miles, so not sure what you mean.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:28 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by finnsch

I achieved Gold as a "private person" without much difficulty... Skywards is the just about the easiest programme to get qualify for the top tier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.