Wiki Posts
Search

Property in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Property in Dubai

Hi everyone

I know this isnt exactly the right place to ask but i thought its the only place i know that have residents of dubai answeing questions here.

I was after a property in dubai. My requirements are that it is atleast 1 bedroom, next to the beachfront or a short walk away or on the palm itself.

Prices should cheap as possible as it will be a holiday home than anything else. After the great dubai crash, prices should be cheap anyway i assume.

If anyone could direct me to some websites that list the cheapest properties around and also guide me on what areas are the best.

Any help appreciated.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
What kind of price range are you looking at? Despite the crash, property is still quite expensive by some standards, so I think you'd easily be looking at upwards of USD 400k for a one bedroom apartment on the Palm trunk. Jumeira Beach Residences is another option for proximity and lower prices. The entire Jumeriah stretch is villas and palaces.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:45 am
Original Poster

I would ideally like to pay no more than £100000. Not sure what is out there and if I can get something decent. It doesn't have to be on the palm but something on the beachfront is what I'm after.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I doubt if you'd be able to get something at that price at today's exchange rates. Take a look at a newspaper or talk to a property agent to get some idea of what's available.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, Flying Blue Silver
One of my good friends is a free lance real estate agent in Dubai. If you are interested I can email you his contact details and he can find you an apt in the Marina/Palm area. Also, as far as I'm aware he is selling his own apartment in the Jumeirah Lake Towers, it is quite a nice area. He might be able to tell you more...
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
What they all said. You're still looking at nearly a million dirhams up for a one bed by the coast, and with the pound now firmly under 6 dirhams, that's expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.