Wiki Posts
Search

Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Rewards

Hi

For the past few years I have used my points to get 2 return reward flights from MAN-DXB in september. They usually cost 40k points - 10% online discount (36k)

Now this new system is in place, I'm looking at over 70k points each, as I can only see Flex tickets.

Do they release more saver tickets closer to the time...

I want to travel during Ramadan so wouldnt have expected the demand to be that great.

Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
FWIW it's 80k for J saver redemptions, so don't waste your miles. No one can say with certainty whether seats will be released later, but that seems to be the trend these days.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:15 am
Original Poster

So if I wanted to travel 1st week in September, when would you think Saver seats would be released?

Is there anyway I can monitor the seats?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by peterc2609
So if I wanted to travel 1st week in September, when would you think Saver seats would be released?

Is there anyway I can monitor the seats?
I think expertflyer should allow you to monitor inventory (though I haven't used it myself). But try something like looking for a date one, two and five weeks out and seeing if there's any change as it gets closer to the day. It's not like there is zero saver inventory - but I imagine there's very little and it gets snapped up real quick.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:31 am
Original Poster

I'm on seat counter now, but not sure what I'm looking at!

What booking code would an economy saver ticket be?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by peterc2609
I'm on seat counter now, but not sure what I'm looking at!

What booking code would an economy saver ticket be?
You could just use the ek website to see availability over two weeks for the class you're looking for.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:58 am

The new system can be poor in some cases. I would recommend using your miles to upgrade
Old Jun 6, 2010, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Can I see all flights over a two week period on the EK site or do I just need to keep clicking Previous/Next Day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.