Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
Lounge Access DXB

Hi there,

I will be travelling from HKG to MUC via DXB, I'll become EK Silver with this trip.
Now the question is, if I (as a Business-Class PAX, becoming EK Silver) am able to convince the Lounge-Worker to let enter me AND my Brother (same flight but Y) to the lounge in DXB?
What do you think? Is there a chance?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:36 am

Next to none !
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Probably not, especially since you won't actually be Silver till you get to MUC. No harm trying though.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Can you take a guest as a Silver these days? I know they stopped in a few years ago.

Did they reintroduce it once T3 opened?

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Can you take a guest as a Silver these days? I know they stopped in a few years ago.

Did they reintroduce it once T3 opened?

Cheers,
Rick
No, not possible. I remember reading some of the old threads where they said it was a temporary measure till T3 opened, but obviously that never happened. And with the Silver lounge being all the way in T1, it doesn't even make sense going and trying your luck, and then walking all the way back if unsuccessful.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
but as a Businessclass-PAX i am allowed to enter the business-class lounge at T3 right?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 4:33 am

Programs: Skywards, Miles & More, BA Exec Club
Yes thats correct
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:10 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by finnsch
but as a Businessclass-PAX i am allowed to enter the business-class lounge at T3 right?

Yes and you can also enter the one in T1 (what they call now the Skywards Lounge).
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:46 am
Original Poster

ahh I can ALSO enter the lounge from T1.. now it starts to make sense
i allways read about T1-lounge (which I do not want to enter) ans thought that the lounge at T3 is nat available for me. thank you!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by finnsch
ahh I can ALSO enter the lounge from T1.. now it starts to make sense
i allways read about T1-lounge (which I do not want to enter) ans thought that the lounge at T3 is nat available for me. thank you!
Thats true for gold passengers traveling in Gold.

As a J passenger you are certainly free to use any biz lounge.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:01 am

BUT...if you are travelling economy you can not get access to the lounge (only gold members can).
Old Jun 3, 2010, 11:08 am

T 1 lounge is better if you want to try and have a sleep if its a long stopover, but the food selection is a lot better in T3 lounge.

I tried to get my GF in to the T1 lounge when i was silver and it was a NO, So she had to sit outside untill i got a shower and a bite to eat and it was a rush job at that, not enjoyable when your travelling with someone.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by freakstar
BUT...if you are travelling economy you can not get access to the lounge (only gold members can).
Silver members can - but only in DXB and only the lounge in T1!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:29 am
Original Poster

hmm this is new to me... thanks for the info
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:21 am

Programs: CO Platinum, UA 1K
Travelling DXB->SFO in business class. My friend is travelling Economy in the same flight.
Can my friend accompany me to lounge in DXB. My friend/I don't hold any FF status on Emirates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.