Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Horrendous CS: Baggage Claim unresolved for over 1 (one!) year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Early April I had a bag damage occurring on a flight with EK in Asia. Upon returning from the trip I got repair estimate from reputable luggage retailer (many fav reviews on this board) stateside. Then the "games" began:

- First of all it took phone calls to numerous dpts just to find out where to file the claim stateside

- After some 3 months no reply. Follow-up with second letter, more phone calls

- By October, after email interchange with 3 different people claim form was sent.

- Immediately filled out and mailed in and ..... wait, wait, wait

- In late January follow-up by email with last contact person copies of all forms attached. No reply

- In March remail forms again with email "return receipt". RR came back. No reply.

Thinking about next steps, including small claims court.

So, I am at a total loss how lousy and incompetent Emirates Customer Service
is.
And this airline protrays itself in commercials as the "creme de la creme" ??? What a joke!!!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:48 am

Programs: QF Silver
Small claims court, nice idea.

You need to get hold of the right contact it seems. Do you have status with EK?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
I assume that you did not have travel insurance.

When my suitcase was damaged (and delayed) on an EK flight, I claimed from my insurance and had the money to buy a new suitcase in less than a week.

Whether my insurance company made recourse towards EK, I have no idea - and I don't care who in the end paid for the damage.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 2:00 am

Programs: pants
A few weeks ago I had to head down to T3 to pick up someones bags at the left luggage office, ( its a long story, so don't bother asking ).

There was some guy there complaining about his damaged luggage. Apparently the handle (see green circle) was broken. But the EK guy in charge repeatedly told him that he will not be able to file a claim because the bag still had another handle (see yellow circle)

After about what seemed like an hour of discussions, the customer just gave up and left. The EK agent had a smirk on his face when he served the next customer ( me ). I got what I needed in ten minutes flat and was out of there.

Goes to show, YMMV when it comes to CS at EK

Old Apr 28, 2010, 2:41 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Try emailing customer affairs. They are usually quick to respond.
Old May 9, 2010, 9:38 am

I am beginning to realise that EK Baggage Services are absolutely horrendous.

For the third time in as many months, I have had a bag misplaced. While one of the three was handled decently enough (delivered the next day), the other two have been nightmares.

In one scenario, Emirates insisted that my bag was delivered to Glasgow (I was flying BOM-DXB-GLA but my baggage delivery address was LGW) but BMI in Glasgow swore that it had not arrived there. Fortunately, I have an airside pass and found the bag sitting at Gatwick North Terminal baggage claim the next day. The WorldTracer file still shows the bag in Glasgow awaiting delivery.

In the second (ongoing) scenario, the bag did not arrive in Accra (flying BOM-DXB-ACC). I had been advised during DXB transit that my bag had not been loaded in BOM, so I was not expecting it. However it appears that the agent in DXB who advised me of the baggage not being loaded also deleted my tag from the system. So Emirates insists that I never checked in any bags even though I have a baggage tag showing that I did. Aviance in Accra have taken a manual PIR but I am not hopeful that the bag will ever be seen again (and EK will not even entertain a claim as their records don't reflect that there was a bag to begin with). I do appreciate that most baggage related claims made in Accra are fraudulent, but this is rather ridiculous.
Old May 12, 2010, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by littlegreenman
Small claims court, nice idea.

You need to get hold of the right contact it seems. Do you have status with EK?
I have no status with them. The issue with small claims is jurisdiction. While the damage took place overseas, it was aknowledged by EK-USA and necessary paper work came from their U.S. office. They are just not processing it.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: Skywards Blue
Originally Posted by khalid26
Try emailing customer affairs. They are usually quick to respond.
Hello,
is there a chance you could post the email address
Old Jun 7, 2010, 8:35 am

As an update to my claims referred to a few posts above, my bag finally showed up 25 days later in Accra. No apologies or compensaton offered.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cyrus994
Hello,
[email protected], though it takes them ages to respond.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by cyrus994
Hello,
[email protected]
is an option if your issue can be dealt with locally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.