Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Need assistance to EK's lounge at DXB on 11/28

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2009, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying to DXB this evening and it will be my first time to DXB after a 13-hr flight on 11/28 evening. As Star Alliance Gold, I will have only access to the LH lounge which has no shower facility. I will take the UA flight back to the US in 4 hours after my arrival at DXB. Could anyone generously sponsor my access to the EK lounge on the evening of Saturday, 11/28? Please send me a PM. I appreciate it!
Old Nov 28, 2009, 3:48 am

Programs: pants
Unless EK has changed the rules, you have to be travelling on an EK flight and the person inviting you should be on the same flight..

Some other options are listed in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...nge-dubai.html

Someone pitch in with additional suggestions. Is the new Holiday Inn Express or Preimere Inn across the street from T3 open? Although four hours may be too little time if you have to stand in the immigration queues

Apart from the shower situation... I would hit the Irish Village http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11985493-post8.html
Old Nov 29, 2009, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Nelumbo
I'm flying to DXB this evening and it will be my first time to DXB after a 13-hr flight on 11/28 evening. As Star Alliance Gold, I will have only access to the LH lounge which has no shower facility. I will take the UA flight back to the US in 4 hours after my arrival at DXB. Could anyone generously sponsor my access to the EK lounge on the evening of Saturday, 11/28? Please send me a PM. I appreciate it!
I am in a similar situation on Jan. 10, but am flying on emirates (economy), so what are the rules? solutions?

Thx
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Showers at DXB

I don't think you can pay to access the EK lounges at DXB.

The lounge with showers is the lounge that silver status members can get into in T1 (at gate 122). This used to be the old business class lounge for EK before T3 opened. I've showered there and it is perfectly acceptable, with towels, soap, and private cubicle available. I believe that there are no showers in the T3 business class (or Gold) lounge, which seems a large omission on EKs part.

You can rent a room at the Dubai International Hotel by the hour, and get a room with shower. I have done this, before I acquired my EK status, and it is comfortable (but not cheap). For 6 hours it costs about 700 AED.

There is a "Marhaba Lounge" that costs 42 U$ per visit. It looks very nice from the outside, but I never went in. The website does not mention much about facilities. http://www.marhabaservices.com/Source/Lounge.aspx

The shower facilities at DXB are a bit bleak. I am passing through tonight and again on Dec 5th. I will enquire and write some more about what I find for non-EK status travelers.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I just found some more information posted by others in a DXB shower thread I started a few months ago (I guess it wouldn't hurt to check up on my own threads?)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...-dubai-t3.html

Two members suggested a facility called GFORCE which is like a gym and spa in T3 that will get you swimming pool and shower access. You can read the above thread for the details.

Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.