Wiki Posts
Search

Up yrs customer service!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
Up yrs customer service!

Sorry about the title, but I could not think of a less or worse one to write!

As the regulars will know, I have been an avid fan of EK over the years, but was let down badly by their customer service department last month.

Over the last few weeks, I have been sending them my confimrations on Cathay Pacific, in F & J for 3 returns to Australia from DXB. Each time with a simple little message in it - "see what you lost". In total we have spent 92'000 AED with CX alone, not including the future ones coming up not yet booked.

Still EK have not written back! Imagine???

Anyway, off to Honkers now.. Oh CX worse than EK in the Air..

See you all later
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: UA Silver, BA Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
lol

i wonder how the guy on the other side is reacting when he gets your emails.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:56 am

Without knowing your history, if you were to forward me the order confirmation with such a message I wouldn't reply either.

If you are going to complain may I suggest a more direct, descriptive approach. It has worked for me three times with Emirates over minor issues, such as the failure to provide vegetarian meals. They always replied and gave some goodwill to compensate.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Down_the_back
Sorry about the title, but I could not think of a less or worse one to write!

As the regulars will know, I have been an avid fan of EK over the years, but was let down badly by their customer service department last month.

Over the last few weeks, I have been sending them my confimrations on Cathay Pacific, in F & J for 3 returns to Australia from DXB. Each time with a simple little message in it - "see what you lost". In total we have spent 92'000 AED with CX alone, not including the future ones coming up not yet booked.

Still EK have not written back! Imagine???

Anyway, off to Honkers now.. Oh CX worse than EK in the Air..

See you all later
Thats hilarious!! I'll bet its really grating at them when they receive those emails from you. Although I do agree with residentx, in that I wouldn't reply to you either!!
Without asking you for too much information, I'd be interested to know whether your dissatisfaction came from the way they handled a complaint you tried to discuss with them or whether it was because of a bad experience itself?
Its a pity you have to put up with second-rate service on CX just because you feel so strongly about your last experience with EK.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Originally Posted by EKglobetrotter
Its a pity you have to put up with second-rate service on CX just because you feel so strongly about your last experience with EK.
^^^
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: EK
i think forwarding the tickets is hilarious.. ^^

EK should care.. he is still a valued frequent flyer.. proper customer service would be trying to win the customer back.

my friend made a complaint to EK once.. and received 25k miles in compensation.. i'm surprised he wasn't offered anything grand.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 7:44 am

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by jumanji
i think forwarding the tickets is hilarious.. ^^

EK should care.. he is still a valued frequent flyer.. proper customer service would be trying to win the customer back.

my friend made a complaint to EK once.. and received 25k miles in compensation.. i'm surprised he wasn't offered anything grand.
Now i may be a million miles away with this one but i am convinced that if you reside in Dubai you are treated differently in terms of what EK will offer (or mot offer) by way of compensation.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jumanji
Why? Do you know what his complaint was and whether their reply was anything other than appropriate for the complaint that was made?

Someone not liking the response from making a complaint, does not mean that the response was inappropriate, it could just mean that the persons complaint was not reasonable

Seems to be a real case from the OP to cut nose off to spite the face if taking an airline which he finds worse than EK just because of it

I can;t see why they would do anything other than file such emails in the bin

Dave
Old Nov 24, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: EK
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Why? Do you know what his complaint was and whether their reply was anything other than appropriate for the complaint that was made?
he posted it some time back.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:52 pm

Programs: pants
Originally Posted by Gorilaz
Now i may be a million miles away with this one but i am convinced that if you reside in Dubai you are treated differently in terms of what EK will offer (or mot offer) by way of compensation.
+1
Old Nov 25, 2009, 1:55 am
JGX

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It was all in THIS thread.

Yrs,

JGX
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Seems that felt he had a bad experience but EK did not feel that a refund was due; a situation to either get over or go elsewhere

Keeping sending EK mails over the same issue seems pointless to me and no reason imo to expect any reply since the issue to EK seems closed

Dave
Old Nov 25, 2009, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
Yeah it is closed, but I do get a little kick out of it, each time the cost of the ticket shows up - it aint cheap! The one I am flying out on this evening is
27'976 AED. The do respond each time - so polite, then you hear nothing again! LOVE IT!

Dear Dr Down the Back, (see how well they know me!)

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

The events that you have described are being looked into and one of our Customer Affairs Officers will write to you once our investigations are complete.

In any future correspondence with us, please quote the above reference.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us.

Yours sincerely, Customer AffairsEmirates Group Headquarters

Really EK it's no trouble at all!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 5:20 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Sounds like a case of having too much time on one's hands. Time to move onto doing something more productive.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 7:04 am
JGX

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold
The sad thing about all this is that Emirates should care about DTB's complaint.

If, as a 'high value customer' (how many times are we reminded of that phrase whilst on-board their aircraft?!), he makes a reasonable complaint then EK should move heaven and earth to put things right for him, especially given his apparent annual spend with them. If he was complaining about the fact that they refused to provide him with fresh ocelot milk and unicorn steaks during his meal service then I guess they'd be justified in ignoring him. But his complaint was about an issue that almost all frequent EK travellers are unhappy about which are the inconsistencies in the service that we receive (and pay not insignificant amounts of money for!).

My advice to DTB, would be to re-send the original complaint in a letter (as in snail mail) to EK HQ in Dubai with details as to what the problems were and additionally, attach a spreadsheet showing your previous EK spend and your spend on its competitors since the incident. If they have any sense (especially in the current economic climate for airlines) you should get a more reasonable response. My experience with EK is that they ALWAYS take letters more seriously than emails.

Just my 2p though. . .

Best wishes,

JGX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.