Search

EK A380 delayed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by bvms
great report! I love flying in a380. no jet lag in that plane! I wish to fly in it more and more, Tim Clark sez they might order 20 more a380's I hope they do...
Do you really think EK will ordered A380-800R?
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Given the current developments in Dubai I would not be surprised if cancellations will come sooner than new orders...
Old Nov 26, 2009, 12:06 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
EK is profitable and expected to be much more profitable in the coming year. They can use more capacity and profitably deploy it so cancellations are highly unlikely. Even Dubai World has many very healthy parts of the company. As with the rest of the world the problem is in the real estate sector. EK itself is still a very good investment.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by LH/LX
Two conflicting stories that represent the style of EK media relations: they want to delay the delivery of the A380 and in the same story they mentioned that they want to order more A380
It's not conflicting, though - it is entirely possible to want to add to the numbers ordered (long-term planning), while at the same time delaying the delivery of those next in line (short-term planning).
Old Nov 30, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Originally Posted by N830MH
Good! Let me know by the situation is going on for EK A380 expected to be deliverable.
Confirmed 1 AF, 2 QF & 2 EK A-380's to be delivered by year-end.
8th EK will be delivered between January and February 2010.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.