Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Manchester Lounge Now Open

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2009, 4:27 am
JGX
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold
Manchester Lounge Now Open

Apparently, the MAN EK lounge opened on the 1st October. . . Has anyone tried it out yet?

Cheers,

JGX
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
My son is flying over tomorrow to spend 10 days with us for the GP, I will his opinion.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 2:24 pm

Any news on the Birmingham one?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
BHX lounge

Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Any news on the Birmingham one?
Opening 9th(?) January,adjacent to the gate and costing £1.3m
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:23 pm

Thanks. Was the date I was after - at one point it was meant to be September / October!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 4:33 am

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by Gorilaz
My son is flying over tomorrow to spend 10 days with us for the GP, I will his opinion.
Gor some photograpghs to upload but not sure how you do it?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:41 am

Programs: Qatar Gold. Skywards Silver, Etihad, China Airlines, Thai, Flying Blue, BA.
Apparently, the MAN EK lounge opened on the 1st October. . . Has anyone tried it out yet?
Very surprised that it has not made the news anywhere (Emirates website, skywards etc etc.) are you sure it has opened ?? Thought it would be a newsworthy event for Emirates.

Just noticed it on the Emirates website, why has it taken them 26 days for them to publish details on this??

Best Regards
Flying Fireman

Last edited by Flying Fireman; Oct 26, 2009 at 5:45 am Reason: Last Paragraph
Old Oct 26, 2009, 7:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, MilesandSmiles Elite, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Yes - its definitley open. I also have some photos (pre-opening) if anyone is interested...
Old Nov 28, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Gold, QR Silver, HH Diamond
New MAN lounge

Since no-one posted yet, I thought I would update FT-ers on the MAN lounge which I used for the first time this week.

It is vast! At least 3, maybe 4 times the size of the old Wilmslow lounge, to which it is adjacent. Hard to imagine how they will fill it! J class was full last night as ever and the lounge was maybe 25% full :-)

Now the best bit - proper FOOD at last. A really delicious selection of hot dishes. Take your pick from 4 or 5 alternatives. I had a prawn and lobster curry with rice which was outstanding. Finally, you can now eat in the lounge and skip onboard catering for the overnight flight.

Decor is standard toffee coloured square leather chairs. Lots of them. There is also a decent sized business centre with 6 to 8 computer terminals (possibly more) and a big telly with sofas at the far end. I wasn't boozing but I witnessed plenty of silver foxes hitting the champers.

The whole experience catapults Emirates forward at MAN. If they ever put a decent updated J cabin onto the MAN route they will surely get all my business.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
BHX lounge

Sounds like a great lounge-I hope the BHX is up to that standard when it opens.
Not sure whether the position is right, it is adjacent to the gate away from the terminal so if you decide to do some last minute shopping it is a long hike.
Shop first then.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:02 am

Are EK silver members flying economy allowed to use either the MAN or BHX lounge when flying out?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 3:09 am

Programs: Skywards, Velocity Rewards
Originally Posted by eshaq786
Are EK silver members flying economy allowed to use either the MAN or BHX lounge when flying out?
Silver members only get access to the BC lounge in Dubai, and then only the old one in Terminal 1, not the one in T3.

Only if you're Gold can you access all lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.