Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

What to wear in J or F, does one care?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver

I noticed quite a lengthy thread on the AA forum with FF'ers complaining about what some F or J passengers wear when flying in Premium. I personally dont give a rats, does anyone else here or are us Ek'ers a different bread???
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
I use to look a bit smarter when flying J or F before it became a regular occurance. I still dont dress like crap, but even in Y I would dress th esame-- I have on the odd occaison worn Shorts and a T-Shirt in F or J when flying from MLE-DXB etc- but generally not.

I cant think what wouldnt be appropriate these days- I have never seen anyone that I would say shoul dbe dressed better or not.

Long gone are the days wehre flying was a special event and people dressed smartly regardless where they sat.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:49 am

I have always worn jeans or tracksuit!
Got to be comfortable when your travelling long haul
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyzlhr

Long gone are the days wehre flying was a special event and people dressed smartly regardless where they sat.
I agree whole heartedly, athough am not old enough to remember the days when people dressed up and the crew wore hats throughout the whole flight!

Persoanally, it all depends on what I am doing when I arrive, or what I was doing before the flight, if on long haul, going from home to hotel or visa versa, I go for T shirt under a shirt, and jeans or shorts, the shirt gets hung up and I get comfy!

On the AA website, people seem to be appaulled at passengers in shorts and thongs, guilty as charged on occassion for that one.

I flew back from DOH yesterday in J and I was the only pax NOT fully suited and booted! I had jeans and trainers on..
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:50 am
JGX

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold
I NEVER EVER wear jeans when flying long-haul - they are surely the most uncomfortable item of clothing one could ever contemplate wearing onboard an aircraft? Usually, I wear chinos, a shirt and most importantly, a jacket - to hide the fact that my shirt will look as though I've slept in it (which of course I have) when I get off the other end. . . Simples!

Trust me chaps, ditch those nasty jeans, light cotton chinos are the way to - they're like wearing PJ's 24/7!!!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:28 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I almost ALWAYS wear Jeans and t-shirt. If I have come back from a meeting, then I change in the lounge. I hate wearing suits while travelling.

However, during the long haul flights (DXB-Americas / Japan / Korea), I always carry a pair of PJs if flying J, or ask for a pair of EK PJs if in F. As soon as I board the a/c I head srtaight to the lavatory to change.

I frankly could not give a f*** about who wears what. As long as they are not obnoxious, its all good with me. Plus who am I to judge what is "appropriate" and what is not.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:48 am

Programs: EK
birks, khakis, and usually a polo.

i dress for comfort..
Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum Million Miler, Lifetime Marriott Titanium
I usually wear jeans and a nice shirt when i board the flight. However, on long hauls, the first thing I do is change into a t-shirt and keep the other shirt neatly folded in the overhead bin. (I use the diaper changing station as an ironing board for folding the shirt . I have noticed that on long hauls, I tend to sleep better if I change into gym shorts. The EK J Class blankets makes me too hot on the flights if I am wearing jeans.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Comfort every time... Oh and shirts with pockets so I can put my boarding pass and passport in a handy place for all those checkpoints.
Having said that I probably wouldn't travel in shorts and flipflops but then the only place I ever wear shorts and flipflops is at home.
I always carry a change of shirt and underbits with me as well for the unforeseen....

The only notice I ever take of what other people are wearing is if it looks like something I would like for myself.... The rest goes waaay over my head.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 5:20 am

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by Down_the_back
I agree whole heartedly, athough am not old enough to remember the days when people dressed up and the crew wore hats throughout the whole flight!

Persoanally, it all depends on what I am doing when I arrive, or what I was doing before the flight, if on long haul, going from home to hotel or visa versa, I go for T shirt under a shirt, and jeans or shorts, the shirt gets hung up and I get comfy!

On the AA website, people seem to be appaulled at passengers in shorts and thongs, guilty as charged on occassion for that one.

I flew back from DOH yesterday in J and I was the only pax NOT fully suited and booted! I had jeans and trainers on..
Comfortable pair of jeans short sleeved shirt or a Polo/T Shirt. Always pack a pair of Sheraton slippers, shorts and CK vest for long haul and change in the loo.
Never seen anyone in any class in a thong
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by flyphilrun
The only notice I ever take of what other people are wearing is if it looks like something I would like for myself.... The rest goes waaay over my head.
I agree with this statement
I always dress in light cotton for comfort and take a cotton jumper incase I get cold
and very rearly check out others unless I see something fabulous!
Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Virgin Blue, United, Qantas
Chinos and a polo shirt/jumper landside, then change into tracksuit pants for sleep and change back and freshen up before landing. Once spilled something on my trousers at the start of a PER-DBX-LHR flight and did not have the second pair of trousers - not happy and will never make that mistake again!

I really do not care what other people wear - it's up to them. I am far more likely to notice how they behave, especially if obnoxious.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by JGX
Usually, I wear chinos, a shirt and most importantly, a jacket - to hide the fact that my shirt will look as though I've slept in it (which of course I have) when I get off the other end. . . Simples!
I do the same when I travel long haul flights YUL to ME or E.ASIA. However, on some occassions I had a one day meeting with a return back in the night to the city where I left then I ended up in a suit.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, GGL, Virgin Silver, Skywards Platinum, SPG VIP
Originally Posted by JGX
I NEVER EVER wear jeans when flying long-haul - they are surely the most uncomfortable item of clothing one could ever contemplate wearing onboard an aircraft? Usually, I wear chinos, a shirt and most importantly, a jacket - to hide the fact that my shirt will look as though I've slept in it (which of course I have) when I get off the other end. . . Simples!

Trust me chaps, ditch those nasty jeans, light cotton chinos are the way to - they're like wearing PJ's 24/7!!!
^^

Fully agree!! I have special loose-fitting chinos that are my "overnight special" for long overnight flights. Its like sleeping in PJs. Never Jeans. Always light t-shirt, preferably full-sleeved.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Well it seems as if here on EK we are not quite as particular as those on AA are about how we dress, the AA forum has soooo many complaints as to who wears what etc.,. Glad we are not as stuck up here, and will continue to wear, basically, WHAT I want, WHEN I want, and others to follow.. Thumbs up to EK FF'ers!^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.