Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPL Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2009, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
TPL Wort It?

Hello TPLs (I kow at least about 2 here...),
What did you got with your welcome kit when joining the TPL Club ? (Basically beside the free vouchers and the card itself i didnt got anything else, I have heard about a welcome present?)

Also do you find being TPL really help? (I didnt saw any big difference between being a TPL or PL, once you know the system and most of the people in elal...).

(I am checking this, As i got my points for being a PL again in 3 months, and i am thinking on going and concetrate my effort in another program).

Thanks,
Ebzed.
Old May 3, 2009, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by ebzed
Hello TPLs (I kow at least about 2 here...),
What did you got with your welcome kit when joining the TPL Club ? (Basically beside the free vouchers and the card itself i didnt got anything else, I have heard about a welcome present?)

Also do you find being TPL really help? (I didnt saw any big difference between being a TPL or PL, once you know the system and most of the people in elal...).

(I am checking this, As i got my points for being a PL again in 3 months, and i am thinking on going and concetrate my effort in another program).

Thanks,
Ebzed.
I am not terribly impressed. The welcome package was nothing really - just the luggage tags (similar to my LH FTL ones - not even SEN!) and the card, plus 2 upgrade vouchers, 1 home checkin voucher and the business card of my contact.
They sent me a bottle of wine and a Brazilian selection for Pesach - chocolates etc. Quite nice, but the bottle of wine wasn't nearly as good as the one LH sent me for Pesach.
I have had no special recognition on board - everything by the book. Personally I wouldn't make a huge effort. The 2 confirmable upgrade vouchers are quite nice though.
Old May 3, 2009, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
The pesach gift is not related to joining TPL, i think any TPL/PL get this every year (well at least i do)...

There was supposed to be a welcome gift, but it seems they forgot it...
Old May 3, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
The pesach gift is not related to joining TPL, i think any TPL/PL get this every year (well at least i do)...
I for one did not receive any Pesach gift. I am a mere PL though ...
Old May 3, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
I didn't get any Pesach gift.
And I am a PL for many years now.

I will ask them this week on my flight to EWR

LiorM
Old May 3, 2009, 12:23 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I wonder if the difference in treatment may include another factor like the status of the company you work for vis a vis LY. Perhaps those that got bottles of win are PL/TPL AND work for a company that gives $MM of business each your to LY whereas others may work for smaller companies.
Old May 3, 2009, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

I am TPL this year, 7 Years TPL, 6 Years GL, and i have to say that i also remember that as a GL i got gifts on Pesach (or even just like that with no holidays) from EL-AL.

I dont think its related to the fact our company does xxx money with EL-AL as i got it also when we did much less or i worked elsewhere...

I also dont think its because i might be ashkenazi as i am not 8-)

I am a loyal flyer of EL-AL, And not only because of the points, and i always
took those gifts as granted and thought everyone get it...

(I estimate each gifs as around 150nis)

LiorM i think you better talk to Kisheri Lekohot rather someone in the airport.
Old May 3, 2009, 1:32 pm

I've never gotten anything save an email on my birthday. I guess I'm 3rd or 4th year GL.
Old May 3, 2009, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yosithezet
I've never gotten anything save an email on my birthday. I guess I'm 3rd or 4th year GL.
You never got some free points in a "Just to say thank you" mannger from EL-AL? (this year they gave 200 points)
Old May 3, 2009, 9:59 pm

You never got some free points in a "Just to say thank you" mannger from EL-AL? (this year they gave 200 points)
Nope.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
I was just given on the flight to JFK by the Purser a nice box of chocolates (Ornat) in a gift packaging with a personal message. I thanked them for the gesture but then I noticed the chocolates were quite past their sell-by date and mentioned it to them. They then added a nice bottle of wine. Really very attentive and excellent service.
Kudos to LY!!!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I am a PL for about 7 years now.
Maybe once or twice in that period did I get any recognition on board while sitting in Y.
In years past we used to get wine for Pesach and once they sent a nicely embroiderd bath towel.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:09 pm

I flew TLV-BKK about 10 days ago or so. I was upgraded and it was the first time ever I have been addressed by name onboard. The flight attendant greeted me by name and asked which selection I'd like from the menu.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Very interesting reading the last few posts, as I have also been greeted by the purser on recent flights (but only in First, not even in business). But then. I am only a 'lowly PL'
Old Jun 16, 2009, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikebg
Very interesting reading the last few posts, as I have also been greeted by the purser on recent flights (but only in First, not even in business). But then. I am only a 'lowly PL'
On first they have to greet you personally, Its a part of the show... 8-)
on 90% of my flights i get greeted or have some kind of personal attention,
I think EL-AL is not fully aware how to give good recognition to loyal customers and those are normally "local" intitative.
(On the check in TLV, the agent called sherut shalom to see if there is something special she need to do as i am TPL and was instructed to give
the regular service (which is good in sherut shalom counter)).

Ebzed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.