Wiki Posts
Search

new 777 configuration

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
new 777 configuration

The new config airplanes (Starting with the two new 777's coming this summer, and then, by march or summer 08 at the latest on the remaining 4 777's and 744's) will be:

(777) 8 First class lie flat seats 77 pitch
35 C Class (continental style lie flat in an angle seats) 14 front section, 21 back section with 62" pitch
232 Y seats at 32" Pitch

both new aircrafts will have "on demand" video system.. This will NOT be converted to the old aircraft.

Don't ask me how do I know all that

LiorM
Old May 14, 2007, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LiorM
35 C Class (continental style lie flat in an angle seats) 14 front section, 21 back section with 62" pitch
Do you mean "continental" like Europe or like CO? CO doesn't have any lie flat at an angle seats, though many "continental" carriers do, AF being the one I am most familiar with.

Either way, good news for those of you flying on LY.
Old May 15, 2007, 12:57 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
(777) 8 First class
35 C Class
232 Y seats
So that's 2 extra for First, 5 less business, and 5 less for economy. I can see the need to increase the seat pitch for business class (from 56" to 62") but I would have thought that the extra 5 seats would be more valuable to the company than a couple of rows of economy seats.

I presume that the extra two seats in First is due to the new seats being put into two rows of 4 seats each, as the new seats may well be wider than the old, which only just fitted 6 across in the 777. I wonder whether they will be 2-2 or 1-2-1?
Old May 15, 2007, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
I presume that the extra two seats in First is due to the new seats being put into two rows of 4 seats each, as the new seats may well be wider than the old, which only just fitted 6 across in the 777. I wonder whether they will be 2-2 or 1-2-1?
I believe it will be 1-2-1 like on AC.
Old May 15, 2007, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Continental breakfast :-)

Originally Posted by sbm12
Do you mean "continental" like Europe or like CO? CO doesn't have any lie flat at an angle seats, though many "continental" carriers do, AF being the one I am most familiar with.

Either way, good news for those of you flying on LY.
CO have "lie flat" in an angle like LX and SX

I wonder why didn't ELAL jumped directly to the BA seats?????????????
welllll

Lior M
Old May 15, 2007, 2:37 am

I wonder why didn't ELAL jumped directly to the BA seats?????????????
welllll
BA has a unique model of the 8-accross C class seats that many complain about (while full flat beds seats are narrow than regular C class on other carriers). I don't see many airlines following the BA model.
Old May 15, 2007, 8:59 am
Original Poster

so what about the new SX or what about Virgin
I want to sleep on a flat bad! no angels
LiorM
Old May 15, 2007, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Don't ask me how do I know all that
So Israeli...
Old May 15, 2007, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by clubman
So Israeli...
So bad???
I am so sorry.
The last thing that I want to be is that someone will think that I am so Israeli...

From now on I will be So British

Lior
Old May 16, 2007, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
So bad???
I am so sorry.
The last thing that I want to be is that someone will think that I am so Israeli...
From now on I will be So British Lior
Lior, please don't take offense man.
All I meant was that its just a very Israeli thing to say, "don't ask me how I know..."
Old May 16, 2007, 8:00 am
Original Poster

I am OK now
This is the last time I let Haim Romano pass me info to the group.

No problem
Old May 16, 2007, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am OK now
This is the last time I let Haim Romano pass me info to the group.

No problem
Old May 16, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
I never like to point to a prior post of mine but that pretty much confirms what i calculated (with small margin or error)

Well, I found another article with mor einfo:
in hebrew
http://www.nfc.co.il/Archive/001-D-1...l?tag=10-30-27

הקף העסקה הוא כ-20 מיליון דולר והוא כולל רכישה של כלל המושבים במטוסי בואינג 777 החדשים, המיועדים להגיע ארצה בקיץ, ואת החלפת המושבים במחלקות העסקים והמחלקה הראשונה במטוסי ה-777 הקיימים, ובמטוסי הג'מבו - 747/400 של החברה.

עבור 10 מטוסים נרכשו 410 מושבי מיטה למחלקת העסקים, ו-112 112 מושבי מיטה למחקה הראשונה. בנוסף, נרכשו מושבי מחלקת תיירים חדשים לשני מטוסי 777 החדשים.

interesting thing is that for 10 a/c thats an average of 11 First Class (or Premium Business class) per a/c.
With 6 777 and 4 744 -
I think that makes 8 seats in 777 (maybe two rows of 4)
but then you have 16 seats in the 744.
Next option is 10 seats in each 777 (60) and 13 in 744. But how do you fit 10
first class seats in a 777?
Next option is 12 seats in 777 (72) but only 10 seats in 744.
Or maybe they just ordered a few extra. I dont know.
What I do know is that they ordered about 44 more seats then they would have needed for current configuration, so the First Class is getting much bigger.
While the business class is getting smaller - for current confiuration they would have needed (6 x 40 + 4 x 52) = 448 - and they ordered only 410 - thats 38 less.
So it looks like the number of premium seats satys the same, but totally different layout.

In economy they currently have 236/7 seats in 777, but they only got 464 for two a/c - thats 232 per a/c - I am sure they got extra.
Not sure how many extra they got, but it looks like atlest a row less of economy seats.

If they are keepinhg all the seats with 3 class configuration - To me it looks like hey got one extra row in First/Premium J, one less row of J class but with more pitch and one less row of Y.

But i could be wrong, and it could be that some of the a/c might only have one class or two class - so anything could happen.

I HATE THAT LY S NOT GIVING US INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 17, 2007, 9:11 am

Programs: LY Silver, BA Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
How can F be 1-2-1 and have 6 seats in 2 rows? Is the row behind just 2 seats??

I am very pleased they have retained F, as a frequent user LHR-TLV, as I know MikeBG is. Great thing for business people is the 1-2-1 formation as I never really liked having to sit next to someone I dont know in F. The 2 in the middle are good for leisure pax.

Is the 2 sections of C going to be the same or are they doing what we have discussed many times with a premium J in the front cabin?
Old May 17, 2007, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TLVFred
How can F be 1-2-1 and have 6 seats in 2 rows? Is the row behind just 2 seats??
I am very pleased they have retained F, as a frequent user LHR-TLV, as I know MikeBG is. Great thing for business people is the 1-2-1 formation as I never really liked having to sit next to someone I dont know in F. The 2 in the middle are good for leisure pax.
Is the 2 sections of C going to be the same or are they doing what we have discussed many times with a premium J in the front cabin?
Cant answer your question TLVFred, but just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to FT and the LY forum!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.