Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Earning Frequent Flyer miles/points in Israel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
Print Wikipost

Earning Frequent Flyer miles/points in Israel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
In my last statement from Mastercard I got this noticed.
i sent them a mail asking if the ratio for exchange will elal points will change.
Maybe if we all contact them they will do something.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Israeli American Express Platinum & Centurion will be affected as well.
From now you will get 1 CC point per 60NIS spent (changed from 50 NIS)
And the exchange ratio will be:
Platinum: 6 CC Points = 1 Matmid Point (=360 NIS spent instead of 350 NIS which is the way it is now)
Centurion: 5 CC Points = 1 Matmid Point (=300 NIS spent)

I'm not sure about the other American Express cards...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Regular AMEX cards (all except Platinum and Centurion) will also change to 1 point per 60 NIS (albeit you get no points for the first 240 NIS unlike the Platinum and Centurion cards which give you points for every shekel except if you spend less than 60 NIS in a given month).

The conversion rate has changed to 29 amex points for 1 Matmid point instead of 28 as in the past.

This means that the platinum/centurion cards now have a bigger advantage in conversion over the other cards (gold, regular, etc.). Until now the platinum card gave 4 times as many Matmid points when converting than other cards, not it will give 4.8 times as many, albeit the Platinum card has not benefited from the change considering it now costs 360 NIS for each matmid point compared to 350 NIS before the changes.

AMEX changes come into effect April 1st so any points gained on the Platinum card in the meantime will be worth more after the change date.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: LY Plat, AF Gold, Cathay Emerald, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Sixt Plat, *wood Gold, Hilton Diamond, ...
Leumi Platinum and LY points

Hi, I just moved to israel and I just got my leumi platinum card. I want to start transferring all the points that I will earn with my purchases to Matmid. can any one help me and tell me how to do that automaically?
Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ruben5b
I want to start transferring all the points that I will earn with my purchases to Matmid. can any one help me and tell me how to do that automaically?
You can't do it automatically; you should manually transfer whenever you want or need.
You can do so either via the call centre (but then there's a charge) or through the website (for free).
You should first associate the card with your Matmid account (through the call centre).
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Originally Posted by JohnnieZ
You can't do it automatically; you should manually transfer whenever you want or need.
You can do so either via the call centre (but then there's a charge) or through the website (for free).
You should first associate the card with your Matmid account (through the call centre).
More Info:
1. Its good you selected Leumi Platinum, Its the best (free) card that gives the best ratio (shekels vs points).
2. Its not recommended to transfer the points regulary, There is once a year a 20% bonus on each transfer, You should wait for that time of the year, and do so...

Welcome to Israel!
(And probably Welcome to the EL-AL Forum!).
Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by ebzed
More Info:
1. Its good you selected Leumi Platinum, Its the best (free) card that gives the best ratio (shekels vs points).
2. Its not recommended to transfer the points regulary, There is once a year a 20% bonus on each transfer, You should wait for that time of the year, and do so...

Welcome to Israel!
Do you mean that it has the best ratio among all free cards, or it has the best ratio, and as an added bonus, it's also free?

And yes, welcome to Israel!!

p.s. As a side note, Leumi and Orange also have a new special going on, https://www.bankleumi.co.il/vgnprod/...OCampaign.html (Hebrew only) that states that if you open a new Leumi account, you'll get NIS 1500. From what I understand though from speaking to a friend who works for Orange, this can only be used to purchase a smartphone from Orange. I know this is slightly off topic, but it does connect to Leumi and to people knew to Israel. Welcome to Israel!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: LY GL
More Info:

Welcome to Israel!
when i've previously checked, the Diners platinum had a better ration, and the Diners Globes Platinum even better
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:52 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Originally Posted by may_east
when i've previously checked, the Diners platinum had a better ration, and the Diners Globes Platinum even better
Diners Platinum, You have a monthly payment, and its 395nis per 1 el-al point
the best card is American Express Centurion (300 nis per point) but then again, you pay for the card...

Every 28 points of Leumi card = 1 Point of EL-AL, To get to 70 Points in Leumi, you need to spend 350 nis.

Thanks,
Ebzed.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 2:08 am

Every 28 points of Leumi card = 1 Point of EL-AL, To get to 70 Points in Leumi, you need to spend 350 nis.
Keep in mind that's for Multi Platinum, where you earn a Leumi point for every 12.5 ILS spent (and then transfer 28 Leumi points for 1 LY point).
The regular platinum card earns 1 Leumi point for every 25 ILS spent.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
OP has been posting in this forum a long time before you have, so not really...
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:36 am

Keep in mind that's for Multi Platinum, where you earn a Leumi point for every 12.5 ILS spent (and then transfer 28 Leumi points for 1 LY point).
The regular platinum card earns 1 Leumi point for every 25 ILS spent.
I was offered from my bank (Leumi) to give up the Multi Platinum (which is external card) and get a Leumi Platinum with the same benefits (means points collecting as well...)

(Never did it...)
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm confused about the different ratios of transferring points, collecting points...
With the Leumi Platinum, how many shekel do I need to spend to earn 1 point? And that's a Leumi point or Matmid point? And how do I go about transferring them (as in what ratio)?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
I'm confused about the different ratios of transferring points, collecting points...
You can see the whole table here:
http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/M...ers/Credit.htm

As you can see, platinum cards of the Leumi Card brand can transfer points in a 28:1 ratio (28 LC points get you 1 LY point).

If you have a regular platinum, you earn 1 LC point for each 25 ILS spent = 700 ILS for each LY point.
If you have a Multi platinum, you earn 1 LC point for each 12.5 ILS spent = 350 ILS for each LY point.

A quick calculation will show you that you need to spend 490,000 ILS using the Multi card for a bonus RT to the US
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can see the whole table here:
http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/M...ers/Credit.htm

As you can see, platinum cards of the Leumi Card brand can transfer points in a 28:1 ratio (28 LC points get you 1 LY point).

If you have a regular platinum, you earn 1 LC point for each 25 ILS spent = 700 ILS for each LY point.
If you have a Multi platinum, you earn 1 LC point for each 12.5 ILS spent = 350 ILS for each LY point.

A quick calculation will show you that you need to spend 490,000 ILS using the Multi card for a bonus RT to the US
Quick? That would've taken me a while on the calculator! Does the Multi have a fee?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.