Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Delta / El Al flight seat selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

I booked a flight with Delta miles, but now it's ELAL because Delta cancelled all flights to TLV. They said I can only select seats on EL AL’s website. However, every time I select a seat on EL AL, it doesn't save, and when the browser refreshes, the seat number isn’t shown as selected. My ticket is for Business class. I'm worried I won’t be able to get a seat on the flight. What should I do?

I called El Al, but they said I need to call Delta. Delta says I need to call El Al. I'm being tossed around here and cannot find answers. Does anyone know how to confirm a seat with El Al?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:20 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk! I've moved this to our El Al forum, where you're likely to get the best answers.

chgoeditor
co-mod Info Desk
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by geetzy16
I booked a flight with Delta miles, but now it's ELAL because Delta cancelled all flights to TLV. They said I can only select seats on EL AL’s website. However, every time I select a seat on EL AL, it doesn't save, and when the browser refreshes, the seat number isn’t shown as selected. My ticket is for Business class. I'm worried I won’t be able to get a seat on the flight. What should I do?

I called El Al, but they said I need to call Delta. Delta says I need to call El Al. I'm being tossed around here and cannot find answers. Does anyone know how to confirm a seat with El Al?
Maybe try a different browser? Also are you pulling up your reservation using the full 006 ticket number? This works for me reliably….
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:43 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
If you call EL AL just give them the EL AL PNR. Don’t start the story with Delta this or that.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:05 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

The operating carrier (in this case, El Al) should assign your seat. Call them and if you don't have an El Al booking number (PNR), just give them the flight number, date and your name and they should be able to pull the reservation. Then they should easily assign a seat for you.

Shuly
Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:30 am

Programs: co AA ua
I booked an award seat on Alaska CDG to TLV elal. Had no problem assigning seats. Even buy extra space seat with more leg room.

But on the other hand, a friend of mine tried to register for Matmid. No luck the website is not working. She called her travel agent and she told her Matmid registration is not working. She emailed tell oren, which is an email address for customer service and they answered the functionality works for us there is no problem the problem is on your side. Bearing in mind Israel is at war for almost 6 months I do understand why website is lacking and no special support but overall ELAL is decent. The flights were ok. Albeit for the price they charge they should give you first class service and they don't

Erez
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by ehartal
Albeit for the price they charge they should give you first class service and they don't

Erez
ElAl has no first class section. Their business is more like first in terms of seat but service is— business!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.