Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Iberia coded but El Al operated flights MAD-TLV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2023, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy

Any info on these and suggestions about what the seats and experience are like?

I'm finding them offered as options on a trip I'm trying to build between BOS and TLV with a MAD stopover. More details on the stopover question in this thread on the Iberia forum. (and answers to my question there would be welcome, if you have any ideas).

Any thoughts on El Al vs. Iberia Express between TLV and MAD? Are there any oneworld fares which allow you to force a connection on RJ TLV-AMM-MAD- and onwards to the USA? I assume RJ AMM-MAD would be a much better experience than either LY or IB express TLV-MAD.
Old May 31, 2023, 11:05 am

Y or J ?
Old May 31, 2023, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BATLV
Y or J ?
Y — economy
Old Jun 1, 2023, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by salut0
Y — economy
then it boils down to an avios based decision.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Hoping someone can answer this -- will this route (MAD-TLV, earn Avios if crediting to Iberia Plus? Might it even earn tier points, if it's IB coded and El Al operated?

Booking class L
​​​​​​IB 2395
OPERATED BY: EL AL, LY 396

Seems to me the flight might earn 35 tier points but I'm not sure if that's true if LY is the operator even with an IB code.
Also, I assume if it does earn TP it can only do so when crediting to an Iberia and not to a BA Avios account.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 12:12 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by salut0
Hoping someone can answer this -- will this route (MAD-TLV, earn Avios if crediting to Iberia Plus? Might it even earn tier points, if it's IB coded and El Al operated?

Booking class L
​​​​​​IB 2395
OPERATED BY: EL AL, LY 396

Seems to me the flight might earn 35 tier points but I'm not sure if that's true if LY is the operator even with an IB code.
Also, I assume if it does earn TP it can only do so when crediting to an Iberia and not to a BA Avios account.
OW rule is that miles are credited by the marketing carrier (IB in your case) and not by the operating carrier (LY in your case). So it seems that you’ll be able to credit to any OW FFP. Who issued your ticket, i. e.,what are the 3 first digits of your ticket number?
Old Jun 23, 2023, 8:31 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Flight will earn Avios & TP or QF points or AS miles. It may earn AA due to their bit of LY codesharing. It will not earn in any other OW programme.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.