Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Does El Al open their check-in desks before Shabbat ends?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2023, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

I'm taking LY26 EWR-TLV on a Saturday. The flights departs at 10pm, which is of course after Shabbat ends. I am not Shomer Shabbat and plan to get the airport 3 hours early, like any international flight. Shabbat ends at 7:47pm. Will El Al have their ticketing counters open before that or will I be stuck landside with my bags in Newark?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by bc25
I'm taking LY26 EWR-TLV on a Saturday. The flights departs at 10pm, which is of course after Shabbat ends. I am not Shomer Shabbat and plan to get the airport 3 hours early, like any international flight. Shabbat ends at 7:47pm. Will El Al have their ticketing counters open before that or will I be stuck landside with my bags in Newark?
Desks should be open
Old May 8, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Desks should be open
Wonder if this will change also, after the news about LY’s Saturday night LHR-TLV cancellations?
awayIgo likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold
I think Newark on a sat night has more flexibility with time slots than LHR. In the past El Al only made it a point that their flights didnt take off on shabbat, but the reality was that ground crew, checkin staff, and flight crew are dealing with flight prep before shabbat is over. Maybe now at least the public facing parts of El Al such as checkin staff will only work when shabbat is over as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.