Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Options for EL Al miles that will be accrued?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton

Will fly El AL for the first time and not sure if we may again.

Flying one way premEcon, Business on return. Actual miles EWR-TLV are 5660 but not sure if I should open a matted act and accrue the miles there or
maybe to a partner airline (which I am one to).

What would be most advantageous?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold
The only other options are Aerolineas, Alaska and Qantas. You can see the earnings based on fare class at wheretocredit.com
And compare that to what you would get directly with Matmid. If you're not going to be flying much with El Al choose one of the others
Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nombody
The only other options are Aerolineas, Alaska and Qantas. You can see the earnings based on fare class at wheretocredit.com
And compare that to what you would get directly with Matmid. If you're not going to be flying much with El Al choose one of the others
you’re a gentleman and a scholar. Likely more useful on Alaska or QF. I’ll report back.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

So turns out we are booked both ways in Z.

whereto credit lists Alaska with RDM and 3 tiers at different values and Qantas as zoned based. Im not sure how to interpret any of this.

Where would I get the most value for earning over 10,000 miles round trip in business?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Unless you are going to fly a lot more than that with one of the partners, I wouldn't waste my time joining any of the schemes.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

I don’t disagree but I can see myself Definitely utilizing Alaska Airlines going forward. I just can’t figure out the current LL points scheme
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by the phoenix
I don’t disagree but I can see myself Definitely utilizing Alaska Airlines going forward. I just can’t figure out the current LL points scheme
When credited to AS, LY flights earn according to the following table:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...srael-airlines
the phoenix likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
When credited to AS, LY flights earn according to the following table:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...srael-airlines

How do you add the Alaska number to an elal flight? Can't find option online and customer service is difficult to get through.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 12:31 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by airfly56
How do you add the Alaska number to an elal flight? Can't find option online and customer service is difficult to get through.
Either at checkin at the airport or not at all and claim the miles with Alaska air later (save the boarding passea)
the phoenix likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 7:33 am

Either at checkin at the airport or not at all and claim the miles with Alaska air later (save the boarding passea)
Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Rarely do checkin agents know how to change to non-LY ffn. It is easier to just retro-claim and deal with the long process with Alaska.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Rarely do checkin agents know how to change to non-LY ffn. It is easier to just retro-claim and deal with the long process with Alaska.
They did add it for us at checkin, we will see if they did it correctly when and if the miles show up.
Mrp Alert likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.