Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Electric car charging TLV long term parking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2021, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if there is, or is planned to be, electric car charging at the long term parking lot? If it exists, can someone tell me where in the lot?

EDIT: to clarify for those who don’t own electric cars, long term parking lots worldwide provide many normal outlets because it’s a requirement when the car is idle for long periods of time. It’s not a fast DC charge point which you would “block” - it’s an outlet at every single parking spot for exactly this reason. Extremely common in many airports.

Last edited by Roboto; Oct 1, 2021 at 1:56 am
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Roboto
Does anyone know if there is, or is planned to be, electric car charging at the long term parking lot? If it exists, can someone tell me where in the lot?
Currently none exist in LLBG.
In the future long term is not relevant place for charging, only short term
Old Sep 29, 2021, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by riman
Currently none exist in LLBG.
In the future long term is not relevant place for charging, only short term
Huh? Long term is the most relevant - I go abroad sometimes for 3 weeks. I need to have the car plugged in while I'm gone...
Old Oct 1, 2021, 8:02 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Moderator Note

Folks,
This is a simple question and not a discussion on the relative merits. I have deleted several posts which do not address the question at hand.

As the question has been answered. There do not seem to be electric outlets in parking at the TLV airport for charging cars. This thread is now closed.

If you are aware of such power outlets, feel free to PM me so that I can open the thread so you can advise the OP.

Thank you,
yosithezet
Moderator, EL AL Forum
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I don't know if my post will help the OP (he can call ValleP and ask) but it may well help others with gas-fueled cars. I spent about 2 weeks in the hospital a few years ago. My gas-fueled car was parked in the hospital's lot for the entire time and when I tried to start it, I found that the battery was completely flat. Anyone who is planning a lengthy trip faces that possibility. I looked at the ValleP website and, in its FAQ section, while it does not specify electric cars, it says "We move all our customers' vehicles once a day, in order to prevent cases of battery depletion. In addition, we check the air pressure in the car tires.''

That makes me feel a lot more comfortable about leaving my car sitting in the parking lot. Hopefully, they provide the same service for electric cars but, as I said, the OP should not take this for granted and should phone them to ask in advance.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dovster
I don't know if my post will help the OP (he can call ValleP and ask) but it may well help others with gas-fueled cars. I spent about 2 weeks in the hospital a few years ago. My gas-fueled car was parked in the hospital's lot for the entire time and when I tried to start it, I found that the battery was completely flat. Anyone who is planning a lengthy trip faces that possibility. I looked at the ValleP website and, in its FAQ section, while it does not specify electric cars, it says "We move all our customers' vehicles once a day, in order to prevent cases of battery depletion. In addition, we check the air pressure in the car tires.''

That makes me feel a lot more comfortable about leaving my car sitting in the parking lot. Hopefully, they provide the same service for electric cars but, as I said, the OP should not take this for granted and should phone them to ask in advance.
These guys are great, but don't offer any service for electric cars unfortunately. I've suggested it to them and told them I'd pay for it Thanks for the suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.