Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Flight cancellations to/from BG

Old May 12, 2021, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver

Seems like most flights are operating normally, with the exception of the Americans, who are cancelling everything.....
IIRC this happened last time as well - perhaps there's an FAA directive about this ?
Old May 12, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
UA from EWR has cancelled. Know someone who was to return to Israel tonight (5/12) and he said it was cancelled. Flightstats shows UA cancelled but DL for the last day or so just saying Scheduled, meaning cancelled.
Old May 12, 2021, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I have someone who flying out from TLV. His flight was delay. His flight number is LY5 from TLV-LAX. He said that he have wait for rocket ball to pass. I got texts from him. He is coming to United States.
Old May 13, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Times of Israel reports that inbound flights diverting to Ramon, disembarking passengers and flying empty planes to TLV in time to load and depart. Concerned over possible missile strike on NATBAG.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 12:33 pm

My thoughts are with Israel! Blessings,Shalom and we will stand together!
mnhusker and Roboto like this.
Old May 14, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
The European and North American Airlines are cancelled for the next few days. Meanwhile, ElAl keeps flying.
mnhusker likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
So now all airlines have stopped flights, with the exception of the Israeli airlines. I remember reading this was partially at least an economic decision - if flights are close to empty...
Old May 16, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: BA, A3, LY; IHG/IC, Accor
Not true about all airlines cancelling. I have flown today with Bluebird Airways, which is Greek. On the departures board at the airport I saw Ethiopian was still operating. I think, Emirates and Aegean airlines are resuming flights.
Old May 18, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Aegean cancelled yesterday's flight, moved me to today, cancelled that and moved me to Saturday... we'll see if it goes!
Old May 20, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by eugnk
Not true about all airlines cancelling. I have flown today with Bluebird Airways, which is Greek. On the departures board at the airport I saw Ethiopian was still operating. I think, Emirates and Aegean airlines are resuming flights.
The Emirates flight is really FlyDubai. But they did fly today to TLV and back.
N830MH likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 8:19 am

Is elal flying because of this security feature on their planes with anti missile tech?
Old May 20, 2021, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Is elal flying because of this security feature on their planes with anti missile tech?
Anti-missile technology is effective only against radar guided or infra-red / heat seeking missiles. Hamas' missiles are primitive unguided aim and launch rockets. That, however, is a topic more suitable for OMNI/PR.
Old May 21, 2021, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by TWA884
Anti-missile technology is effective only against radar guided or infra-red / heat seeking missiles. Hamas' missiles are primitive unguided aim and launch rockets. That, however, is a topic more suitable for OMNI/PR.
I don’t posts on OMNI/PR. I am not like it at all. Too many personal attacks. I only I posts aviation, high speed rail, transportation, sports and travel safety security forums, as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.