Wiki Posts
Search

Changing FF numbers in TLV

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Changing FF numbers in TLV

Sorry, not an LY question but more a TLV question....

Since GAs are often contractors, I'm wondering how it is to change FF numbers on a ticket at the gate.
(giving up on UA, looking to check in as UA Gold but to have the miles credited to a program that would allow me to reach *G without spending $10,000+...)
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by dand99

Since GAs are often contractors, I'm wondering how it is to change FF numbers on a ticket at the gate.
(giving up on UA, looking to check in as UA Gold but to have the miles credited to a program that would allow me to reach *G without spending $10,000+...)
Irrelevant that they're contractors. They have access to the same UA computers and can/will change whatever FF# needed. Keep in mind that like anytime you do something like this (not unheard of for people to change at the last moment in *A), you run the risk of them not changing properly - which is NOT unique to them being contractors in TLV. Direct staff at hubs have also not processed properly.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Tried to do this last week and failed. Flying LO out of TLV.

OLCI with UA*G, got extra bag allowance. Tried to change to A3 after checking in, their system showed a baggage charge applicable.
At the "computer says no" stage there's not much to do. However, not so irrelevant that they're contracted - they have no clue about (or interest in) *A rules, which do not state anywhere that *G number must be part of reservation to receive *G benefits.

Next flight will be UA, will see how that works....

D.

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Irrelevant that they're contractors. They have access to the same UA computers and can/will change whatever FF# needed. Keep in mind that like anytime you do something like this (not unheard of for people to change at the last moment in *A), you run the risk of them not changing properly - which is NOT unique to them being contractors in TLV. Direct staff at hubs have also not processed properly.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by dand99

What airline are you flying? UA has its own employees in TLV who are super professional. Other Star Alliance member airlines often use contractors.

On a recent flight on Austrian, the check-in counter was not able to substitute my LH number for UA number. I had to call the service center to get it done. It was then reflected on my mobile app.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:22 am
Original Poster

LO - contractors. Couldn't (+ didn't really want to...)
UA - they couldn't after I had OLCI. Call center helped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.