Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meal pix in First for JFK-TLV?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:01 pm
FF
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Meal pix in First for JFK-TLV?

Does anyone have pix of LY meals in First ex JFK (or EWR)? I flew SQ Suites JFK-FRA this week and the KSML was basically an economy meal on plastic (see pix below) - and Borenstein is telling SQ that's all they do. Which isn't exactly the truth. But need some evidence! Ta much!

Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Ben did a review of ewr-tlv j, if that's helpful. I'm guessing SQ doesn't care much about their handful of kosher pax.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:16 pm
FF
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Ben did a review of ewr-tlv j, if that's helpful. I'm guessing SQ doesn't care much about their handful of kosher pax.
Ta much - and very useful! But still interested in First class meal pix if any available. And re SQ's level of interest - I flew JFK-FRA on Monday night and chatted to the SQ Station Manager about the poor quality KSML before we pushed back. She emailed me today (Wednesday) to apologise for the delayed response because she'd spent all day yesterday at Borensteins to follow up with them! That's pretty impressive!
ly787 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Originally Posted by FF
Ta much - and very useful! But still interested in First class meal pix if any available. And re SQ's level of interest - I flew JFK-FRA on Monday night and chatted to the SQ Station Manager about the poor quality KSML before we pushed back. She emailed me today (Wednesday) to apologise for the delayed response because she'd spent all day yesterday at Borensteins to follow up with them! That's pretty impressive!
they should find a new kosher caterer
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:02 pm
FF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ly787

they should find a new kosher caterer
Borenstein seems to have the monopoly for supply of non-US airlines out of JFK. No idea how they manage to maintain that!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:58 pm
Suspended

Isnt Regal also ElAl kitchen like Borenstein. If so then SQ should switch to Regal and serve meals like UA does up front alot better then Borensteins and with china and metal utensils
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by craz
Isnt Regal also ElAl kitchen like Borenstein. If so then SQ should switch to Regal and serve meals like UA does up front alot better then Borensteins and with china and metal utensils
Regal is Borenstein. Same place. Just has a fancy kashrus symbol for those who don't accept the OU
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:27 am

Freshly made meals are going to be better than the frozen stuff served on other airlines. I've eaten plenty of economy Borenstein meals. While what you pictured isn't the same as fresh first class, it is much better than economy Borenstein.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by awayIgo
Freshly made meals are going to be better than the frozen stuff served on other airlines. I've eaten plenty of economy Borenstein meals. While what you pictured isn't the same as fresh first class, it is much better than economy Borenstein.
Hermolis supply most major airlines with fresh meals from London Heathrow. There is no reason in the world for Borenstein not to be able to supply fresh meals to airlines other than EL AL flying from New York. The logistics are identical for all airlines.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:26 pm

I just received EXACTLY the same 2 meals last week on Swiss Business class SFO-ZRH. Except that mine were frozen solid...
The outbound ZRH-LAX was so much better, with fresh food, wine etc served on china.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Regal serves very nice meals in UA C.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by awayIgo
I dread to think what their economy meals are like.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
@FF I just got the same meal as you did (the dinner) on OS, EWR-VIE in Premium Economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.