Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Huge changes coming to Matmid in April, including status thresholds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Huge changes coming to Matmid in April, including status thresholds

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold
Originally Posted by Houminer
For me the biggest issue is that on flights to Europe GL do not get preferred seats for free.
OTOH I don't really have a better option.

I've just done a comparison for flights to LHR for Nov.
1. Whereas up until now a PL flying economy was automatically upgraded to Premium on both 777 and 787, that has now changed; on 787 the 'upgrade' is to a bulkhead in economy only - the ElAl booking agent insisted that it's still an upgrade - right!.
2. Comparing prices between BA and LY flying business TLV-LHR-TLV during Nov, almost without exception BA is cheaper by around $400-$600

Will someone pls tell the management at LY they need to stop devaluing the service the Matmid rewards and price competitively or risk loosing their premium passengers. I for one have made the decision to switch to BA as of 2019
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Calculated Risk
Will someone pls tell the management at LY they need to stop devaluing the service the Matmid rewards and price competitively or risk loosing their premium passengers. I for one have made the decision to switch to BA as of 2019
I did just that, 4 years ago, after 10 years as PL. Never looked back. If you fly quite a lot on this route in business PM me for tips as how to make the most of BA.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Calculated Risk
I for one have made the decision to switch to BA as of 2019
Wise decision, and as per Michael's offer, feel free to ask me as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.