Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Hard seats or bad reporting? "Nightmare of hard seats on flight to Budapest.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/248094

El Al gets a lot of justified criticism but I wonder if this case is an exception. The 737 seat configurations are actually pretty good , and I don't think they have flown any other planes to Budapest. Is there something so different about their seats compared to other airlines that I am missing here? It may have been an UP plane but is the actual seat any different than any other LY 737 plane?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
They may have been unlucky to be sat on knackered seats. I've actually sat on a seriously knackered out seat on an UP 737. So much so that the purser blocked the entire last row (crew rest) for me (plus brought me a free meal...).
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:37 pm

On many flights this summer, including the two I had a misfortune to take the flights to BUD are operated by Israir. Israir uses A320 equipment with non-reclining seats. The pitch is horrible, and if you are 6 feet or higher there is no chance for you to rest your head. This is rather terrible, especially on the return red-eye, which is always late.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Are you sure the israir 320 has non- reclinable seats?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
Are you sure the israir 320 has non- reclinable seats?
Yes, I am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.