EL AL constintency

Old Jan 3, 18, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum, Lufthansa and Virgin(why?)
EL AL constintency

I fly with EL AL alot and am now getting a bit fed up with the consistency. I recently booked the 315 to LHR so that I can be on the new Dreamliner. When checking in at TLV, the staff said that there was a plane change to a B772. Sometimes they give a B787 on the 315/6 from LHR-TLV. They have also given a B772 and a B747 on a route that was going to be the first for the Dreamliner. Then the evening 317/8 is another joke!! It is shifted around with the B772 and the really old B767's. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 3, 18, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
No different than any other airline. See the dreadful threads on the UA board about constant plane switches which can cause nightmares for pax (including serious downgrades, delays, etc.), as well as on the LX board about A330/340 flights switching to A321 and the terrible change that causes for C pax.
Old Jan 3, 18, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tedcruz View Post
I fly with EL AL alot and am now getting a bit fed up with the consistency.
I think you mean the lack of...

Originally Posted by tedcruz View Post
Any thoughts?
Yes! BA...
Old Jan 3, 18, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joshwex90 View Post
No different than any other airline. See the dreadful threads on the UA board about constant plane switches which can cause nightmares for pax (including serious downgrades, delays, etc.), as well as on the LX board about A330/340 flights switching to A321 and the terrible change that causes for C pax.
No idea about UA, but unless something has changed again recently with LX, I thought they have got much better in that respect? In any case I'm not sure I would say LY are no different than any other airlines. They have always been notorious for last minute aircraft switching. Something I have so rarely experiance with BA or AA for example (not that it doesn't happen, but it just doesn't happen anywhere near as often).
Old Jan 4, 18, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
LX has gotten better, but the point is what I'm saying. UA is notorious for last-minute changes and earlier ones that change too often. Many people lose their seats because the plane changes for about 20 minutes 2 weeks before, and then changes back. It's a huge issue.

And have experienced it on other airlines as well.
Old Jan 4, 18, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, CX Silver, LY TL, Marriot G
Originally Posted by joshwex90 View Post
UA is notorious for last-minute changes and earlier ones that change too often. Many people lose their seats because the plane changes for about 20 minutes 2 weeks before, and then changes back. It's a huge issue.
I beg to differ, it doesn't happen very often on UA, not even 1% of flights I am sure.. (Not just personal experience, but also from UA forums). Amongst other things, LY has a very high number of types compared to the size of the fleet, and this makes the problem worse.
Old Jan 4, 18, 12:46 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Consistency will improve in the next few years as LY will standardize its long haul fleet around the 787/777
tedcruz likes this.
Old Jan 4, 18, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum, Lufthansa and Virgin(why?)
Originally Posted by LY777 View Post
Consistency will improve in the next few years as LY will standardize its long haul fleet around the 787/777
Lers hope so

Search this Thread