El Al Redemption Question

Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
El Al Redemption Question

Hey folks,

I'm planning to book four economy tickets with Matmid points to get my family to Israel this summer. Our regular flying is all on North American airlines and so our main source of Matmid points will be American Express points.

From the El Al website it looks like this will cost 2000 Matmid points per round trip ticket. However, the onemileatatime blog writes that transfering points from Amex will result in becoming an Executive member and getting a lower redemption rate. Is this accurate (and if so, how does that work)?

I'd be very grateful for your advice and tips - as a total Matmid novice!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by YYZtoDCA
Hey folks,

From the El Al website it looks like this will cost 2000 Matmid points per round trip ticket. However, the onemileatatime blog writes that transfering points from Amex will result in becoming an Executive member and getting a lower redemption rate. Is this accurate (and if so, how does that work)?

I'd be very grateful for your advice and tips - as a total Matmid novice!
Just be sure you have a Matmid account that is registered to a U.S. address. Then, transfer over 5000 Amex MR (should convert to 100 El Al Matmid). Within a day or two, your account should reflect "Executive Circle" status, thus entitling you to the redemption discounts. Enjoy!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
How realistic is it to find 4 tickets from US to TLV with Matmid points in the summer, even when looking six months in advance?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by nombody
How realistic is it to find 4 tickets from US to TLV with Matmid points in the summer, even when looking six months in advance?
Have a search, it's relatively easy to find out on the website if you are a matmid member

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.