Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arkia on-line check in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Arkia on-line check in

Arkia allows on-line check-in for flights departing from TLV. Check-in opens 24 hours prior to the flight and ends 3 hours prior. I was able to check-in 28 hours prior. The system lets you select a seat and print the boarding pass.

I attach the seat map as I couldn't find any Arkia seat map on-line. I wonder what aircraft this is: with 28 rows and 162 seats, it doesn't match any of Arkia's current fleet.

Shuly
Attached Images  
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:46 am

The row numbering is also bizzare... 9, 12-23, skip 24&25..
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Now there's an additional row, 2, with a single (right window) seat.
It must be a leased aircraft (737?). I'll report after my flight...

Shuly
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

The seat map keeps evolving

It looks slightly different every time I access it. I'm quite sure it's a 757 (4X-BAU).

Shuly
Attached Images  
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

A 757-300 indeed. Rows 10 and 11 are exit rows with lots of space. Most other seats are cramped.

Both flights were full. The outbound arrived 2:30 hours late, the inbound 1:30 hours late. A true charter feeling.

Shuly

Last edited by shuly; Sep 2, 2017 at 8:45 am
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:41 am
TLV

Late response, but...
As an Arkia check-in agent in TLV, not all the seats (such as exit rows and seats in the front of the plane) are open at the web check-in time period and only open for the in airport check-in agents in order to save seats for families and groups together. Maybe I even checked you in, who knows
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Welcome to FlyerTalk TLV!

And no, you didn't check me in, I went straight to the gate. Which was a bus gate, of course, and felt like a real zoo.

Please continue to provide information to the forum.

Shuly
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:10 am
TLV

Originally Posted by shuly
Welcome to FlyerTalk TLV!

And no, you didn't check me in, I went straight to the gate. Which was a bus gate, of course, and felt like a real zoo.

Please continue to provide information to the forum.

Shuly
I can really understand you, a bus gate for 250pax (+infinite infants ) is not so easy, both for passengers and mostly for the ground staff... When an airplane arrives from Eilat and his next flight is to an international destination the gate will be on of the "downstairs" 1/1a...

Last edited by TLV; Sep 16, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:21 am

Sorry for hijacking this thread slightly, but how does Arkia handle seat selection on domestic flights? Booking time, or just checkin? If we're looking to fly as a family (7 people; 2 adults, 5 kids), is there any way to make sure we're together, and (hopefully) get at least 2 window seats each way so most of the kids can have a chance to see?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by mikeage
Sorry for hijacking this thread slightly, but how does Arkia handle seat selection on domestic flights? Booking time, or just checkin? If we're looking to fly as a family (7 people; 2 adults, 5 kids), is there any way to make sure we're together, and (hopefully) get at least 2 window seats each way so most of the kids can have a chance to see?
Seats are allocated at the airport, no option for OLCI.
Just don't arrive too late.
mikeage likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:42 pm
TLV

Originally Posted by mikeage
Just arrive at airport on time (1.5h before domestic departures) and it will be ok There is no option for online check in or seat selection in advance for iz domestic.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:57 am

I just booked a flight from Europe to Tel Aviv on Sunday night.

Can you tell me where the online check-in is I do not even see a link on the Arkia site - unless I am missing it? (thanks in advance for the help!)
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Last time I checked, it only worked ex-TLV.

Shuly
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:45 pm

Thanks - ended up calling them and they said I needed to check in at the airport.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:16 am

Trying to locate onlicne check in at arkia.com - -to no avail. Their website does not even feel like an airline website... Help please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.