Search

What does UP Smart fare give?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
What does UP Smart fare give?

I have never flown on UP but am considering taking it to PRG (as no legacy airline flies TLV-PRG non-stop). What benefits would I get from buying a Smart fare?

Are the seats anything like El Al's Biz class? Is there a special security line for Smart fare pax? Can they go through the Fast Track lane? Is the check in area separate from Economy?

Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Seats are nothing like ElAl biz, think more in the lines of Economy plus on their other aircrafts.
Front rows and in particularly the left hand side has a lot of legroom.
I don't recall a separate line for smart fare passengers, certainly not at T1.

Note that unless you need the flexibility, or the lounge access (from TLV), it's usually considerably cheaper just purchasing a regular fare, and paying $60 to be seated up front (including food etc same as smart).

See more here:

http://fly.elal.co.il/plnext/ELALspo...amily_eng.html

Edited to add: There seems to be no mention of KDL access on Smart fares anymore, so I wonder whether that benefit has been withdrawn.

Last edited by clubman; Sep 28, 2016 at 6:51 am
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Doesnt czech operate to PRG? or is that smartwings?

Besides, the Matmid redemtions are excellent on this route, and better of course with Flycard.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Doesnt czech operate to PRG? or is that smartwings?

Besides, the Matmid redemtions are excellent on this route, and better of course with Flycard.
Smartwings -- which is another UP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.