Search

LHR Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LY Silver, BA Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
LHR Lounge

from LY Website:

The move to Terminal 4 was planned due to the closure of Terminal 1 in summer 2015. EL AL's Business Class passengers will be hosted at the new Plaza Premium Lounge located in Terminal 4, until the re-opening of the King David Lounge in Terminal 4 at the end of the year.

Nu?

end of secular year or Jewish year ?

Anyone seen sight or sound of it?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I have been there and it's great. Way better than the old LY lounge. Good, hot food, if you don't care about Kashrut. Not sure about Kosher food quality but it can't be worse than the old LY lounge. Overall one of the better lounges at LHR, in my opinion.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
LHR Lounge

Are you talking about the plaza lounge or the new LY lounge?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
The Plaza lounge - I couldn't care less if they ever open a new LY lounge - I can't imagine anything they will open will be better than the Plaza.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
The Plaza lounge is pathetic! Sorry, I can't agree with anyone who thinks otherwise. And the kosher food box EL AL distribute there is an embarrassment.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LY Silver, BA Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
As an F passenger I Assume there is no F Kosher food box

So does anyone know if they are opening one ???
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by TLVFred
As an F passenger I Assume there is no F Kosher food box
Correct.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
The Plaza lounge is pathetic! Sorry, I can't agree with anyone who thinks otherwise. And the kosher food box EL AL distribute there is an embarrassment.
Out of interest, what's in this 'kosher box'? Is is similar to HKG, where it contains bisilli, pretzels and a long life pastry IIRC?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:59 pm

As I recall, there is a roll, some hummous, a little salad, and a slice or two of smoked turkey (why on earth they think anyone would want that in the lounge is beyond me).
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:12 pm

As I recall, there is a roll, some hummous, a little salad, and a slice or two of smoked turkey (why on earth they think anyone would want that in the lounge is beyond me).
Wow. Makes BA's kosher offerings in the lounge look gourmet!
Tasty bagels, sandwiches and soup in C lounge, and choice of 4 hot meals in F/Gold lounge...
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by 2035
Wow. Makes BA's kosher offerings in the lounge look gourmet!
Tasty bagels, sandwiches and soup in C lounge, and choice of 4 hot meals in F/Gold lounge...
Indeed. I have mentioned this to EL AL a few times since I began to move over to BA. The kosher meals on BA from London are also significantly better than the EL AL offerings ...

The only problem with the BA setup is that you can't get soup in the F lounge! I can understand the fact they have simpler offerings in the C lounge (bagels instead of a main course) but soup would be most welcome in the F lounge! It is now available in the Concorde lounge though, after I sent repeated emails to BA about it. They are so sensitive to customer feedback about the Concorde lounge that the manager there went personally to the F lounge to get us some soup, on two occasions!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: *A
How is it that the LHR offering is so much worse than LTN?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
It is now available in the Concorde lounge though, after I sent repeated emails to BA about it.
Well done! and Thank you ^
I enjoy seeing how you send emails even though you may be the only one fighting for something. Like you did about the ELAL meals as you mentioned at the beggining of this thread. ^
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Well done! and Thank you ^
I enjoy seeing how you send emails even though you may be the only one fighting for something. Like you did about the ELAL meals as you mentioned at the beggining of this thread. ^
Well, I am very determined to get value for money, and see no reason why choosing kosher food means getting a substandard product. As nobody else is writing to them telling them that what they serve is wonderful, it does not take many negative feedbacks to get things to improve.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:27 pm

Did they open the new lounge? and if not does anyone know the opening date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.