Wiki Posts
Search

New El Al website

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
New El Al website

First impression is that it looks nicer than before, and the city search is faster. But you still can't enter airport codes as destinations like LHR, JFK, etc.

Will try out some more with some other feedback. Let's check against the old list of gripes and complaints we had from 3 years ago and see if any of those issues have been fixed.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Thanks for informing about the site update.

Visually, it's a significant improvement over the previous one. Still not sure it's fully there, but it's better.
I like that they added real-time flight updates finally, but that page still needs work.

I also had no idea they added IFE streaming on the 767s and 737s!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They're touting their mobile app more on the new site: http://www.elal.com/en/PassengersInf.../ELAL-App.aspx

Incredibly enough, mobile boarding pass is available at a number of outstations but NOT at TLV!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And trying to access your Matmid account brings you to the old site
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:38 pm

Thanks for the update.
I echo what has already been noted- that the site is much better visually.

In terms of content...not sure why YYZ isnt listed as a flight destination or arrivals in the flight updates

Some of the information doesnt really make sense and I have to wonder if this is actual policy or something got lost in translation (although I find the use of the english language to be improved...though it flip flops between British/American english).

Is this actual policy?
(Found this http://www.elal.com/en/PassengersInf.../Hand-Bag.aspx and then click on the comments link:

"Passengers wishing to bring on board hand luggage that exceeds the permitted measurements or weight (such as a cello), will have to purchase as separate seat for this item"
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
it does LOOK better, but the underlying functionality, I haven't had a chance to test it out.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
It's terrible!!!

Try entering a destination, forget the fact that entering airport codes at large doesn't work, but try entering "london" or "los angeles" (or most other places for that matter) and it simply comes up with a few options that have nothing to do with the destination I entered, so in essence you currently can only book flights to about 6 destinations online...

The "Frequent Flyer Club" page is also half baked...

Last edited by clubman; Oct 23, 2014 at 2:22 am
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clubman
It's terrible!!!

Try entering a destination, forget the fact that entering airport codes at large doesn't work, but try entering "london" or "los angeles" (or most other places for that matter) and it simply comes up with a few options that have nothing to do with the destination I entered, so in essence you currently can only book flights to about 6 destinations online...

The "Frequent Flyer Club" page is also half baked...
For me, typing in London worked.
You looking at the English site or the Hebrew site?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
The english version is laughable : They sell "Bussiness" class tickets, and cater to many "Passengers types". You can visit "Northeren Israel". All that just on the landing page.

Then I proceeded with a dummy booking, and there is no fare information, but only the line "All fare classes except I,C" and generalities like "If change is permitted it may be charged..."

Also, beware of the "DISINSECTION" requirements - sounds like cutting edge technology.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
What about fleet, aircraft and seat configuration? Do they have it?

And also, how about baggage tracker?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.