Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Automated passport control in JFK T4 thank you DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G

It seems DL purchased 40 automated passport control machines for arrivals at JFK T4.
I landed last week on the 001 and was pleasantly surprised to find these machines.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:48 pm

40? Looked like more when I went through. Indeed, it was nice but if you checked a bag, you'll just wait for it at customs. Total time seemed about the same.
Also, I think it's only for US citizens and permanent residents.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by misterbean
40? Looked like more when I went through. Indeed, it was nice but if you checked a bag, you'll just wait for it at customs. Total time seemed about the same.
Also, I think it's only for US citizens and permanent residents.
That is correct...foreigners cannot use (although I believe Canadians can)
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I used it on DL and with priority bags I went from entering the customs hall to leaving with my checked bag in 5 minutes. Awesome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.