Wiki Posts
Search

Award space: HKG-TLV

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of 'em
Award space: HKG-TLV

I've got a DPS - HKG (on CX) - TLV routing in biz for late this year using AA miles.

I haven't yet booked an infant ticket since AA is charging >$800 and there is no more award availability.

Firstly, does anyone know if LY typically opens up more awards as the date comes closer?

Also, any chance I'd have luck calling LY to add in the infant for both legs and receiving a lower fare than what AA is charging?

Finally, if I can have a travel agent make the booking, would it be a problem to link my infant's pnr onto the other tickets?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: LY GL
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
I've got a DPS - HKG (on CX) - TLV routing in biz for late this year using AA miles.

I haven't yet booked an infant ticket since AA is charging >$800 and there is no more award availability.

Firstly, does anyone know if LY typically opens up more awards as the date comes closer?

Also, any chance I'd have luck calling LY to add in the infant for both legs and receiving a lower fare than what AA is charging?

Finally, if I can have a travel agent make the booking, would it be a problem to link my infant's pnr onto the other tickets?
infant in biz i think is 250$
i think that an infant (<2) cannot be on its own pnr, but added to an adult. not sure, but i think this is the case.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by may_east
infant in biz i think is 250$
i think that an infant (<2) cannot be on its own pnr, but added to an adult. not sure, but i think this is the case.
El Al charges a fixed fee? Not a % of the regular fare?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:17 am

Everything I read says 10% of fare. Do you know for this to be otherwise?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shimon
Everything I read says 10% of fare. Do you know for this to be otherwise?
When booking through AA, that is the case.
However, the price can fluctuate depending on the fare buckets, and other variables like that (that I'm not well-versed in).
If you can only find 1 leg available w/ miles, you can try pricing out an infant on the other leg, and hope it'll bring down the price.
I got lucky, and the HKG-TLV segment opened up a few weeks in advance, and the DPS-HKG segment opened a few days in advance.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: LY GL
infant in biz (without a seat) is about 250$
i was on an award ticket and the infant gets also an award ticket for the above price.

infant must be in the same pnr as one of the adults.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by may_east
infant in biz (without a seat) is about 250$
i was on an award ticket and the infant gets also an award ticket for the above price.

infant must be in the same pnr as one of the adults.
Award ticket issued by LY != award ticket issued by AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.