Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Changing seats on the El Al website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing seats on the El Al website

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
To those who have complained since Nov 28, 2017 about inability to change seats, I am in touch with the Elal technical manager and he requested the PNRs so he can check. Please send a private message to me and I will forward it to the Elal Internet manager. If you want send me your email as well - perhaps he will respond to you directly as well.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
PMed, thanks! Please keep us updated!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
I have been informed that Elal is working on an entirely new "flight reservation" system via their website and they hope that the user experience will improve with that new system. For those who want to ask - I was not given when the new system will be available.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once again, no dice. I can at least view the seatmap, and the system has my email address, but I can't change my seat. Was booked through a TA, but that never mattered in that past.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Once again, no dice. I can at least view the seatmap, and the system has my email address, but I can't change my seat. Was booked through a TA, but that never mattered in that past.
I checked with my contact inside Elal who checked this specific PNR and he came back and said that in cases where there are connecting flights on foreign airlines, Elal does not allow seat selection since there are costs involved and they do not yet have the capability to charge for seats from a foreign airline.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
I checked with my contact inside Elal who checked this specific PNR and he came back and said that in cases where there are connecting flights on foreign airlines, Elal does not allow seat selection since there are costs involved and they do not yet have the capability to charge for seats from a foreign airline.
Your contact is correct that there are connecting flights but is doubly wrong
  1. With way too much playing around, I am able to select a seat on the LY site for the LY flights, indicating as I suspected that it's a bug, not them specifically not allowing it
  2. Even if that was true - it points to the issue with LY - why should the fact it's a connecting flight mean I can't select seats for LY online (especially if I can call in to select seats or select them through my TA)? So don't allow seat selection on the other airline, no different than any other airline
And I managed to call in SA and select a seat on their leg (which would've been for money but free based on *G anyways), even though flight was booked by LY
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:21 am

This still seems broken to me
Tried it on the app , which then takes the user to website and viola- nothing.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:35 pm

I am never able to change seat reservations on LY website. Even if only LY flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.