Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Footprint neutralize 4-years coupon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Footprint neutralize 4-years coupon

Today I bought a coupon with which I will neutralize 4 tons a year for the next four years... I am wondering if anyone has already thought in this direction, and if you have ever heard anything about it???
It cost me 500€,
I mean I wanted to at least neutralize my footprint a little and help the planet.
?
?
?
l etoile likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I don't know for sure, but this article from Carbon Credits suggests that (a) people can make money selling carbon offsets, and (b) the price you paid (a bit over 31€ per credit, not taking the time value of money into account) is in the right ballpark for buying credits in bulk and selling them at retail without totally screwing the retail purchaser. So it could easily be legitimate, and you could be getting exactly what you paid for.

If you get any replies to your identical post in the ecovillage forum at permies.com, please pass them along.
l etoile likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Yes, I paid for a coupon for a project that will produce 30gw daily and store 20gw of electricity, The coupon is supposed to be from saved emissions, and it would save an additional emission from the production of thermal energy from circular economy, Electricity only for households is supposed to cost only 0.05c per kwh and it is supposed to show solidarity with people in the event that they recycle and they use local transport most of the time, It is supposed to change the lives of three million people and show that it is possible to save the planet, it is supposed to be a test on a larger scale, for decades the motto has been that it won't happen today, but maybe it will tomorrow.... That's why I bought the coupon, because if the project succeeds, there will probably be a big change among people, so that something can really change together, Before it really is too late for all of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.